Womens football

I actually don't mind it, what I do mind is the commentators attempts to make everything "brilliant" and "world class" etc.

Just let it speak for itself and stop trying to make out it's something it's not.

They look so pretty and delicate running around trying to play football though. It's nice that they have a little hobby to take their mind off the housework.
ouch!
At the top level ( internationals) womens football is very good but I have not watched any thing below that level.

Last edited:
I enjoy watching the womens game, but if you’re expecting the same level as elite mens game which has dominated the sport for over a century then you’re probably going to be disappointed. I think it’s great how much the womens game has come on in such a short space of time. Ha’way The Lasses!

I actually don't mind it, what I do mind is the commentators attempts to make everything "brilliant" and "world class" etc.

Just let it speak for itself and stop trying to make out it's something it's not.
Nail on the head this. Problem is the media etc are pushing it as something it isn’t. It’s gonna take time and generations to get to where they think it is now. Just enjoy it for what it actually is, a progressive sport.

I manage a new women's team. Very different from the mens team I ran but they're keen as mustard and considering most didn't even know the rules a year ago they get my respect for getting stuck in. 🙂

We don’t compare Sunday League with Premier League so why moan that womens football isn’t Premier League quality?

Are the misogynistic dinosaurs on here still using televisions without a mute button or the ability to turn over?

If websites are ramming womens football content down your throats look into RSS feeds and cultivate your manly media.

Just back from watching me daughters team, a tight 2-1 win 3rd v 4th
Me daughter got flattened by her own keeper defending a corner, then took one right in the ladies equivalent of the crown jewels
Two teams out there enjoying themselves, no shithousery or back chatting the referee, even though we scored a perfectly good goal called for offside,
There coach was on the books at Everton and Irish schoolboy international so he knows his way around a football field.

It might not be for everyone but the girls enjoy it, keeps them active and builds teamwork. I can't understand why people want to have a pop.
I can't stand formula 1 or golf but wouldn't go on those threads and to slag them off

Just back from watching me daughters team, a tight 2-1 win 3rd v 4th
Me daughter got flattened by her own keeper defending a corner, then took one right in the ladies equivalent of the crown jewels
Two teams out there enjoying themselves, no shithousery or back chatting the referee, even though we scored a perfectly good goal called for offside,
There coach was on the books at Everton and Irish schoolboy international so he knows his way around a football field.

It might not be for everyone but the girls enjoy it, keeps them active and builds teamwork. I can't understand why people want to have a pop.
I can't stand formula 1 or golf but wouldn't go on those threads and to slag them off
Can relate to that sir, seen me lass playing for her posh skyul all over S.E.Asia and as you say the lasses enjoy it and promotes team work,fitness.
Back to the OPs question though, no I don't care about it when we talk about the pro game,dont watch it and in my opinion all the hype is over the top, if that is interpreted as slagging off, well my humble apologies.

Back