Women will be safe now

Spit in my mouth? It’s degrading as fuck, is this really a positive message? A celebration?

Take a look at your own self mate.
Some might call it i said, i'm certainly not telling Carli B what she wants to do with her body. I hate to break this to you but people like all kinds of stuff.
However, and this isn't a hill I particularly want to die on, just pointing out you seem more worried about a woman singing about wanting sexual things done to her consensually than a song about a man feeling he was 'forced' to murder 'his' woman because she cheated on him.
Critical response
"WAP" received widespread critical acclaim.[21] For Pitchfork, Lakin Starling called it "a nasty-ass rap bop, bursting with the personality of two of rap's most congenial household names".[18] Jon Caramanica of The New York Times deemed it "an event record that transcends the event itself", and stated that both rappers "are exuberant, sharp and extremely ... vividly detailed" in the song that "luxuriates in raunch".[14] Rania Aniftos of Billboard described the song as a "scorching banger".[22] Mikael Wood of Los Angeles Times deemed it a "savage, nasty, sex-positive triumph" and stated that "the women's vocal exuberance is the show—the way they tear into each perfectly rendered lyric and chew up the words like meat".[23] Cardi B's voice in the song was described as "throaty"[18] and "staccato".[23]

For The Guardian, Dream McClinton wrote, "the hit collaboration ... has become a belated song of the summer, empowering women and enraging prudes along the way ... [it] should be celebrated, not scolded".[24] In NPR, cultural critic Taylor Crumpton deemed both rappers "women leading the genre into [a] new era of unification between women rappers" with "an already iconic song about women sexuality". She praised the message, describing it as "if you need to come, step to me, you have to be able to fill my sexual needs, and these are what they are".[25] In another article from Pitchfork, Jayson Greene said that it "has become the song of this ... summer—a ripe ... sex jam", deeming it detailed and "joyfully explicit".[26]

Last edited:
most songs are fantasy. Does the mist really roll in from the sea at Mull of Kintyre, ( maybe it does)
does swing low, sweet chariot, is that and I hate the phrase, culture stealing. Is it discriminating against muslins or is it celebrating blacks in slavery.
Flower of Scotland, is that a song directly to antagonise and hurt the feelings of the english
danny boy, is it really an irish rebel song (several theories re this and nobody is really sure)
what about the rap songs and the hate words used.
Johnny Cash songs, just pick one
all above can be easily be argued against and so they should be.
Unless it is offensive, just leave it alone.
what about sweet caroline and how that is thought to have been developed. Thank heaven for little girls is another one. (most Granddads absolutely adore their grandchildren)
need to stop over thinking things and reading into something that is not there or we as a society are going to be in a right mess. too late I am afraid

Last edited:
most songs are fantasy. Does the mist really roll in from the sea at Mull of Kintyre, ( maybe it does)
does swing low, sweet chariot, is that and I hate the phrase, culture stealing. Is it discriminating against muslins or is it celebrating blacks in slavery.
Flower of Scotland, is that a song directly to antagonise and hurt the feelings of the english
danny boy, is it really an irish rebel song (several theories re this and nobody is really sure)
what about sweet caroline and how that is thought to have been developed. Thank heaven for little girls is another one. (most Granddads absolutely adore their grandchildren)
need to stop over thinking things and reading into something that is not there or we as a society are going to be in a right mess. too late I am afraid
I'm wondering what society would be like with all supposed negative culture removed.

I'm wondering what society would be like with all supposed negative culture removed.
nothing wrong with discussion but context and proportionality are sadly missing.

was it winston churchill that said, the more you look at the past the more you see into the future

some of these culture removers think they have discovered a new world, however I think they have missed the boat.

All I say, is that people should be nice to each other and not be rude.

I was going to stab some women but now they're safe. What a relief.
Leaving on a jet plane is another..."Think I'll just f**k off for a time and leave my girlfriend broken hearted, then turn up with a ring and everything will be hunky dory" can you imagine how many women have suffered through the promotion of this vile ditty.

I'm not fuming in the slightest.

However, if I was I can fuck right off? :lol:

I'm still not sure where the irony is. Would you like to break it down?

I was commenting on the fact that these officials did actually have a meeting to discuss the pop song. I assume the meeting and subsequent actions took more than 60 seconds.

I didn't say you were. Read my post again. I said if you accused me of making those kind of accusations....fuming, frenzied, racist, pedo, delusional and many more (things) as taken from the "SMB cancelling handbook" then you can fuck right off but let's not let what was actually posted get in the way of one of your typical pointless arguments eh?
Some might call it i said, i'm certainly not telling Carli B what she wants to do with her body. I hate to break this to you but people like all kinds of stuff.
However, and this isn't a hill I particularly want to die on, just pointing out you seem more worried about a woman singing about wanting sexual things done to her consensually than a song about a man feeling he was 'forced' to murder 'his' woman because she cheated on him.
Critical response
"WAP" received widespread critical acclaim.[21] For Pitchfork, Lakin Starling called it "a nasty-ass rap bop, bursting with the personality of two of rap's most congenial household names".[18] Jon Caramanica of The New York Times deemed it "an event record that transcends the event itself", and stated that both rappers "are exuberant, sharp and extremely ... vividly detailed" in the song that "luxuriates in raunch".[14] Rania Aniftos of Billboard described the song as a "scorching banger".[22] Mikael Wood of Los Angeles Times deemed it a "savage, nasty, sex-positive triumph" and stated that "the women's vocal exuberance is the show—the way they tear into each perfectly rendered lyric and chew up the words like meat".[23] Cardi B's voice in the song was described as "throaty"[18] and "staccato".[23]

For The Guardian, Dream McClinton wrote, "the hit collaboration ... has become a belated song of the summer, empowering women and enraging prudes along the way ... [it] should be celebrated, not scolded".[24] In NPR, cultural critic Taylor Crumpton deemed both rappers "women leading the genre into [a] new era of unification between women rappers" with "an already iconic song about women sexuality". She praised the message, describing it as "if you need to come, step to me, you have to be able to fill my sexual needs, and these are what they are".[25] In another article from Pitchfork, Jayson Greene said that it "has become the song of this ... summer—a ripe ... sex jam", deeming it detailed and "joyfully explicit".[26]
Let's face it though it is a shit song played to a happy waltz rhythm and deserves to be banned just for that.

Last edited:
nothing wrong with discussion but context and proportionality are sadly missing.

was it winston churchill that said, the more you look at the past the more you see into the future

some of these culture removers think they have discovered a new world, however I think they have missed the boat.

All I say, is that people should be nice to each other and not be rude.
That would put the NHS in a good place...I broke this down and came up with a saving of £25 billion, and that's not accounting for emergency and social services. Mental illness would all but disappear, Obesity would be rare, alcoholism would drop away...I could go on.

The best bit is that it's cost effective. Can you believe that treat as you find would solve the majority of societies problems?

When I was young, I thought the Mull of Kintyre line was "Oh, me strolling in from the sea", imagining that McCartney had been for a bracing morning swim in the Irish Sea and was now taking a leisurely walk home to enjoy a vegan breakfast with Linda.

I don't think even Harry would class me as making accusations such as fuming, frenzied, racist, pedo, delusional and many more things. If he does he can fuck right off. I was just commenting on the irony of his post. Commenting on people taking a minute to consider such a trivial issue then commenting himself.
You may claim mental health issues but quite frankly you're an idiot at time and that has nothing to do with mental health issues.
I wasn't replying to you, it was a general reply. Since when have I had mental health issues? This is a fun thread...if you don't like fun just don't post. Lastly, I'm not an idiot at times...it's a permanent state :D

I didn't say you were. Read my post again. I said if you accused me of making those kind of accusations....fuming, frenzied, racist, pedo, delusional and many more (things) as taken from the "SMB cancelling handbook" then you can fuck right off but let's not let what was actually posted get in the way of one of your typical pointless arguments eh?
No idea why you mentioned me in the fuming comment made by someone else.

You made a stupid remark about one of my posts and I'm making a typical pointless argument?

You not at one with the universe today?

I wasn't replying to you, it was a general reply. Since when have I had mental health issues? This is a fun thread...if you don't like fun just don't post. Lastly, I'm not an idiot at times...it's a permanent state :D
I must have confused you with someone else.
No idea why you mentioned me in the fuming comment made by someone else.

You made a stupid remark about one of my posts and I'm making a typical pointless argument?

You not at one with the universe today?
He was replying to a post by you that was in response to a post made by me so it was relevant. ;)

Last edited:

Back