Women who slept with David Bowie say they weren't abused

It’s true Tadgie, but what are we to do?
Must we demand a full and comprehensive medical, psychological, political and sexual history on every artist before we’re allowed to say we like the work, much less support them by handing over our money to them?
I don’t have an answer by the way.

I guess it's separating the work from the person. Chinatown and Rosemary's Baby are brilliant films, but Roman Polanski's a vile child rapist who should have done time. I have a soft spot for some of the Soviet iconography and posters, but they were a brutal, murdering regime.

I'm not the biggest Bowie fan, but he's got some great songs and his music means a lot to people. That doesn't change. But admiring Bowie the person? He was clearly a bit of a predatory nonce.

So the songs and films exist as things in themselves, separate from the artist and I think it's possible to like one and not the other.

That Lori Maddox thing isn't news she did an interview about it years ago, yet he still gets treated like a national treasure by some. Johnson got six years for attempting to do what Bowie did. And Jimmy Page.
Lori was very very young when she shagged Page and you can even see she is in the photos of them in the rainbow.. Read I’m with the band by Pamela Des Barres and it will open your eyes to the amount of abuse that was going on! Frank Zappa recruited very young girls for the GTOs. I’m very surprised none of the 60s rock stars are not inside for sexual abuse of young girls.

Lori was very very young when she shagged Page and you can even see she is in the photos of them in the rainbow.. Read I’m with the band by Pamela Des Barres and it will open your eyes to the amount of abuse that was going on! Frank Zappa recruited very young girls for the GTOs. I’m very surprised none of the 60s rock stars are not inside for sexual abuse of young girls.

A bunch of groupies in their late teens and 20's when Zappa got the band together iirc.
Miss Christine was the live-in nanny for Zappa's two oldest children (Dweezil and Moon Unit) before Miss Pamela took over the position.

His music is superb. Not interested in the individual.

Be hardly any good music left if we binned everything made by musicians with dodgy moral compasses or who behaved in a way deemed no longer acceptable.
If you're not interested in the individual why did you start a thread about him having sex with under age girls stating you love him ?

Back