Women who slept with David Bowie say they weren't abused

Discussion in 'SMB' started by dangermows, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Proper wrong un

2. Improper behaviour.

3. I guess it's separating the work from the person. Chinatown and Rosemary's Baby are brilliant films, but Roman Polanski's a vile child rapist who should have done time. I have a soft spot for some of the Soviet iconography and posters, but they were a brutal, murdering regime.

I'm not the biggest Bowie fan, but he's got some great songs and his music means a lot to people. That doesn't change. But admiring Bowie the person? He was clearly a bit of a predatory nonce.

So the songs and films exist as things in themselves, separate from the artist and I think it's possible to like one and not the other.

GTG likes this.
  4. Hypocrites, hypocrites everywhere !!!!!!!!!!!!

General Zod and Bishop Boy like this.
  5. offshore

offshore Central Defender

Lori was very very young when she shagged Page and you can even see she is in the photos of them in the rainbow.. Read I’m with the band by Pamela Des Barres and it will open your eyes to the amount of abuse that was going on! Frank Zappa recruited very young girls for the GTOs. I’m very surprised none of the 60s rock stars are not inside for sexual abuse of young girls.

6. HABA87

HABA87 Winger

7. Pants

Pants Winger

8. Mr.Thunders

Mr.Thunders Striker

9. Richy Fingers

Richy Fingers Full Back

He idolised Alastair Crowley and was a Devil worshipper.. until he got cancer. Then he converted. :rolleyes:

Hate Bowie me. Bloke was a bellend.

mysticmackem likes this.
  10. Dogbark

Dogbark Striker

Surely lies?

Whistles

11. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Good prog on this evening about Dave.

12. Much like the rest of most peoples lives, not just on here.

13. RJs shoes

RJs shoes Full Back

A bunch of groupies in their late teens and 20's when Zappa got the band together iirc.
    Miss Christine was the live-in nanny for Zappa's two oldest children (Dweezil and Moon Unit) before Miss Pamela took over the position.

14. dangermows

dangermows Striker

15. Slow joe

Slow joe Midfield

If you're not interested in the individual why did you start a thread about him having sex with under age girls stating you love him ?

16. Dogbark

Dogbark Striker

Just a guess but maybe he thinks the individual and the music he produced are separate things?

dangermows likes this.
  17. toosb

toosb Striker

When he sang about young Americans, I didn't realise he meant....

18. Dogbark

Dogbark Striker

Really young.

19. JAZZMANB

JAZZMANB Striker

Bet he was a crap shagger