Women Just Aren't As Funny As Lads

He’s more of a tier two dislike figure. I have no respect for him since he’s continually playing a character on here, but I don’t hate him.
But I'm tier 1?

Aww unlucky Harry, you're in the championship.

So I'm in the prem. Who's champions league position? Who's top 4....Don't tell me who holds the title I want to guess

The video Harry is referring to is "White privilege doesn't exist" FFS. :lol:
Jordan peterson video? It might be the title but thats not what peterson actually says

Last edited:
But I'm tier 1?

Aww unlucky Harry, you're in the championship.

So I'm in the prem. Who's champions league position? Who's top 4....Don't tell me who holds the title I want to guess

Jordan peterson video? It might be the title but thats not what peterson acrually says

I think we all know who is number one.

No, it isn’t you.

White privilege doesn't necessarily mean material benefit or status. We make instinctive judgements of people. If you or I get onto a bus with a backpack nobody is batting an eyelid, if a South East Asian chap gets sirens will go off in the back of some people's head instinctively. There have been studies that have shown black men are perceived as bigger and stronger, or more threatening, or less innocent.

I don't think it's something that can be resolved tbh, it's probably evolutionary and I wouldn't be surprised if white people can suffer similar biases in countries that are mainly black or asian.
I appreciate that it's not always a material benefit. In the instance of the South Asian man, that is a reaction to a specific recent problem. Thirty to forty years ago, nobody would have batted an eyelid at the South Asian man, but would have been suspicious of the white Irishman.

In the case of the black men, I'd argue that the first two of those perceptions will benefit them as many times as hinder them. Even the third one may be a benefit at times. I'll concede the last one is a disadvantage, particularly based on what seems to be happening in the States. But I'd also question, would a well spoken, well dressed, black man be seen as being as threatening as a ragdy white bloke with a strong Glaswegian accent?

Equally, as a man, I'm more likely to be seen as threatening than a woman. As an autistic person, I'm more likely to be seen as slow or thick or lying because I can't always find the words to articulate my thoughts straight away. As a single parent, I'm more likely to be discriminated against when I go for a job. As a poor person, I'm more likely to be convicted as I can't afford expensive lawyers etc.

Privilege exists, but I'd much rather be a wealthy, neuro-typical, black female than a poor, autistic, white male.

I appreciate that it's not always a material benefit. In the instance of the South Asian man, that is a reaction to a specific recent problem. Thirty to forty years ago, nobody would have batted an eyelid at the South Asian man, but would have been suspicious of the white Irishman.

In the case of the black men, I'd argue that the first two of those perceptions will benefit them as many times as hinder them. Even the third one may be a benefit at times. I'll concede the last one is a disadvantage, particularly based on what seems to be happening in the States. But I'd also question, would a well spoken, well dressed, black man be seen as being as threatening as a ragdy white bloke with a strong Glaswegian accent?

Equally, as a man, I'm more likely to be seen as threatening than a woman. As an autistic person, I'm more likely to be seen as slow or thick or lying because I can't always find the words to articulate my thoughts straight away. As a single parent, I'm more likely to be discriminated against when I go for a job. As a poor person, I'm more likely to be convicted as I can't afford expensive lawyers etc.

Privilege exists, but I'd much rather be a wealthy, neuro-typical, black female than a poor, autistic, white male.
None of that refutes my point mate.

None of that refutes my point mate.
All of it does, to me anyway.

The examples you quoted are of particular aspects of potential discrimination against a group of people, rather than privilege. The South Asian male under suspicion isn't an example of white privilege. Black Africans wouldn't be under suspicions, nor would Pacific Islanders, Chinese etc. Nor would they have been 30-40 years ago, whereas white people would have been.

By being a dominant part of the culture they are in. Middle class privilege exists and I would say that is more dominant than white privilege in Britain and most western countries. It's economic and social not necessarily skin colour. It's nuanced and complicated.
And just to add to that @Some Random Guy . It's so complicated we can't help or solve it by simply banning white people from stuff

90% of tele is shite anyway, no wonder its dying on its arse..
To be fair I think everyone thinks that but we all enjoy a different 10% from most other people.

But that's the take the knacker hosting the channel took from it. There are people that don't believe it exists.
Well that could be his take. Again if someone's too stupid or ignorant or biased to read or hear what is actually being said that's not Jordan's problem.

It's theirs.

Last edited:
To be fair I think everyone thinks that but we all enjoy a different 10% from most other people.

Well that could be his take. Again if someone's too stupid or ignorant or biased to read or hear what is actually being said that's not Jordan's problem.

It's theirs.

Possibly, however take away the terrible celebrity shite that's everywhere there's not much else to watch. It's interesting that more people (including me) are spending more time watching repeats of 70's/80's classic's.

All of it does, to me anyway.

The examples you quoted are of particular aspects of potential discrimination against a group of people, rather than privilege. The South Asian male under suspicion isn't an example of white privilege.

Black Africans wouldn't be under suspicions, nor would Pacific Islanders, Chinese etc. Nor would they have been 30-40 years ago, whereas white people would have been.

It is an example of white privilege mate, our privilege is that we don't need to put up with that bias.

There are loads of things I find hypocritical about this privilege stuff by the way. Why is it white privilege to not be suspected of being a wrang'un, but a male privilige that we are perceived as a threat by women?

Possibly, however take away the terrible celebrity shite that's everywhere there's not much else to watch. It's interesting that more people (including me) are spending more time watching repeats of 70's/80's classic's.
Yeah, but the kids or "scum" :lol: who watch the celebrity shite don't give a toss about the repeats.

For what it's worth I never watch live TV unless its football but I have a select few shows I watch every now and again.

It is an example of white privilege mate, our privilege is that we don't need to put up with that bias.

There are loads of things I find hypocritical about this privilege stuff by the way. Why is it white privilege to not be suspected of being a wrang'un, but a male privilige that we are perceived as a threat by women?
The whole thing is a mess.

Last edited:

Back