Women driving without their lights on ...

There are times when it's sensible to put your lights on before they come on automatically.

What surprises me is that people are on a busy motorway, in torrential rain, risking a collision for the sake of flicking a switch.
Aye see and be seen as they used to say.A lot of new cars put them front marker lights and the panel lights with the ignition, see loads round here as the streets are well lit usualy get the message once they're out of town.

It’s actually far more likely to be blokes driving like knobheads imo

You may be right but it was this specific behaviour I was asking about.

Tossers driving with lights on when there is clearly no need.

Probably the OP.

Not at all, it was pissing down and the vast majority had their lights on which is why those who didn't were so surprising.

I don't put my lights on all the time but can't see why those who do are tossers, it's harmless.

Last edited:
You may be right but it was this specific behaviour I was asking about.

Not at all, it was pissing down and the vast majority had their lights on which is why those who didn't were so surprising.

I don't put my lights on all the time but can't see why those who do are tossers, it's harmless.

Depends if you’re an LED **** or not.

It’s actually far more likely to be blokes driving like knobheads imo

My theory: 95% of the time, if someone is driving intentionally like a knob, it’s a bloke. Aggressive driving, speeding etc.

When someone is driving unintentionally shit and you think “what the fuck was that”, 95% of the time it’s a woman.

The latter is probably the lesser of the two evils as the technically awful driving isn’t intended, it’s just bad skills.

There are times when it's sensible to put your lights on before they come on automatically.

What surprises me is that people are on a busy motorway, in torrential rain, risking a collision for the sake of flicking a switch.
I was being glib mate. Perhaps even facetious, soz.

My theory: 95% of the time, if someone is driving intentionally like a knob, it’s a bloke. Aggressive driving, speeding etc.

When someone is driving unintentionally shit and you think “what the fuck was that”, 95% of the time it’s a woman.

The latter is probably the lesser of the two evils as the technically awful driving isn’t intended, it’s just bad skills.

I'd agree with that even if the percentages are a little high, I've noticed some women drivers are becoming more aggressive in the last few years.

I was being glib mate. Perhaps even facetious, soz.

Me too, soz.

The amount of cars with headlights out is crackers. I can only think this is down to the reduced number police patrols on the roads (people getting away with it not the blowing of bulbs).

I sometimes put those driving without lights at all down to well lit roads and dashboard lights coming on with the ignition regardless. When I started driving the instrument panel only lit up when you switched your side/headlights on. Not being able to see your clocks was a swift reminder that your lights weren't on.

The amount of cars with headlights out is crackers. I can only think this is down to the reduced number police patrols on the roads (people getting away with it not the blowing of bulbs).

I sometimes put those driving without lights at all down to well lit roads and dashboard lights coming on with the ignition regardless. When I started driving the instrument panel only lit up when you switched your side/headlights on. Not being able to see your clocks was a swift reminder that your lights weren't on.

DRLs are slowly reducing the problem to some degree

... when it's blatantly obvious they need them.

I was driving back from Portsmouth alone, this morning, and left early. I drove through fog, then heavy rain, so I was surprised to see someone driving without any lights on, it was a middle aged woman. The next was a young girl so, having encountered this previously I decided to do a count of the next 50 cars and see how many drivers were female .... it was 39 out of the 50.

Obviously the men were idiots as well but the majority put their lights on when I flashed mine, the women just looked puzzled.

I've noticed this phenomenon before but can't work out why it should be especially as I've found women to be generally more cautious ... do they think they're saving electricity :confused:
Haway Reiv lad that a bit sexist. Poor wimmen have enough to worry about these days man, you try driving, doing your barnet and putting lippy on at 70 up the m4 while worrying about the massive pile of ironing and dishes at home and whether she needs to turn round to check the straighteners are turned off while blaming Man for everything wrong with the world :lol:

Anyone without lights on the motorway needs a ban :lol:

All cars produced in the EU since 2011 have had to have lights that run whenever the engine is on, like so:

Logon or register to see this image

They’re called daytime running lights

According to someone, on this thread, that makes all the owners tossers :lol:

Haway Reiv lad that a bit sexist. Poor wimmen have enough to worry about these days man, you try driving, doing your barnet and putting lippy on at 70 up the m4 while worrying about the massive pile of ironing and dishes at home and whether she needs to turn round to check the straighteners are turned off while blaming Man for everything wrong with the world :lol:

In all honesty I saw one, in the middle lane, filing her nails.

Last edited:

Back