Women changing the front room around

As much as I love our house the lack of opportunities to move furniture around is a negative
Same for me. Not sure I have this alleged female affluction anyway. All the rooms in my house have been in the same set up since I moved in 17 years ago. The sofas etc have changed, but not the positions. I don't see the need, once you have a set up that works.

Mine doesn't have time as she's too busy spotting any crumb on the floor, wiping marks only she can see and straightening up furniture, cushions etc :rolleyes:
Same for me. Not sure I have this alleged female affluction anyway. All the rooms in my house have been in the same set up since I moved in 17 years ago. The sofas etc have changed, but not the positions. I don't see the need, once you have a set up that works.

Just means you're not the extreme end of the binary scale when it comes to femininity.

Last edited:
We have a morning room and a drawing room ;)

Me mam used to have a sitting room and a posh lounge - after we moved from our one room flat.

My Gran had the living room which was cramped with a three piece and a dining table in it. The table was pushed in the corner, then you had to move the armchair and pull the table out for meals, then put it back again. Then she had the sitting room "for best". I think we only ever sat in there at Christmas.

My Gran had the living room which was cramped with a three piece and a dining table in it. The table was pushed in the corner, then you had to move the armchair and pull the table out for meals, then put it back again. Then she had the sitting room "for best". I think we only ever sat in there at Christmas.
That was me mam’s sitting room. She had a settee, 2 armchairs (that didn’t match so not a 3 piece) a dining table and 6 (yes 6) chairs, a sideboard, a coffee table, a calor gas heater, and ——- a fridge ( cos it wouldn’t fit in the scullery as she called it - but was actually the kitchen). All in a below average size room.

Then in the posh lounge she had matching furniture that was only used when we had visitors.

Wish I bloody could move the furniture around easier in here but the layout is so blooming stupid with alcoves and part walls into archways that it's really really limited how you can set things up. I'm forever fiddling about with the back end of the house - dining room part/conservatory though (we don't have separate rooms as such as it's all been knocked open plan downstairs).

He doesn't know yet that he's repainting the kitchen at the weekend cos I'm sick of the colour.

I don't move anything around and it's me that usually does the painting. When I painted the kitchen he didn't like the colour so I had to repaint it.

Maybe this is happening because I'm not anxious. :idea:
I've been doing our dining room for months. Had to replace the ceiling, coving, repair the walls, all of it. Completely sick, the only thing that kept me going was thinking it would topper when I was done.

Finally at the stage we can paint the fucker and she's stepped in at the last minute, said the paint was too dark, got a new colour and now we've got the first coat down I'm not keen.

"Aye it's great innit".

I've been doing our dining room for months. Had to replace the ceiling, coving, repair the walls, all of it. Completely sick, the only thing that kept me going was thinking it would topper when I was done.

Finally at the stage we can paint the fucker and she's stepped in at the last minute, said the paint was too dark, got a new colour and now we've got the first coat down I'm not keen.

"Aye it's great innit".

I did two coats of very pale green, he came in from work, said I don't like it. It took three coats of cream to cover the green. :rolleyes:

If you don't like it then say because you'll have to live with it for a long time....hopefully :D

Stand by your beds chaps, there’s a new kid on the block. This year you won’t simply be moving the furniture and painting, you will be holding each one of your possessions - right down to your last pair of mismatched holey socks - and asking yourself if they spark joy. If they don’t then you can discard them. You’ve been Konmaried!

Back