Women and priorities!

I think I married a sensible one reading this. I did a bit of Christmas dinner prep then cycled up to Tesco for the last minute fresh stuff. Come back to find all the veg prepared and everything in hand. Run the vacuum around after dinner and we are done*.

*I said similar last year, broke my toe moving the table and ended up in A&E to have it straightened, so hopefully this year is better.

You must have kicked that table leg pretty hard. Good of the NHS to straighten it, otherwise your sprouts would have rolled off your plate.

My in laws have taken the kids for the morning so we can tidy the house ready for Christmas.

We agreed that I’d put together the doll’s high chair for my daughter, then clean the upstairs (tidy, dust and vacuum 3 bedrooms, clean bathroom, change the cats shitter tray) and she’d do the downstairs (kitchen, living room, hall and stairs). I’ve just taken the high chair down the stairs to find her with the entire contents of the side board on the floor saying “We desperately need to clear this sideboard out!”

Not as desperately as we need the house to stop looking like something from Kim and Aggie before 7 people descend on our house for Christmas dinner tomorrow! Seriously!

Your obviously not taking this serious enough fella - it's the little things that matter:rolleyes::lol:

Aaaand breath ...

House dusted and vacummed, bird defrosting, rum butter made, cheesy starter thing made, English sparkling chilling, he's up town buying me more presents.

Looks like you got it all sorted - but the clincher - did he take your shopping list for prezzies or his own?

Last edited:
I think I married a sensible one reading this. I did a bit of Christmas dinner prep then cycled up to Tesco for the last minute fresh stuff. Come back to find all the veg prepared and everything in hand. Run the vacuum around after dinner and we are done*.

*I said similar last year, broke my toe moving the table and ended up in A&E to have it straightened, so hopefully this year is better.

You're lucky to have such a thoughtful husband :)

Turkey cooked.
Gravy being made,
Spuds peeled,
Table laid,
House cleaned
Presents under the tree
First half bottle of wine drunk
Lasagne eaten

Just fridge to sort, Turkey to carve then pretty much done for today. The rest can be done tomorrow morning.

Happy Christmas Australia!

My Mam used to do things like that! Doing things like panicking about cleaning the windows or having to empty the full ironing basket so she'd be manically ironing shorts and sundresses that nobody was going to wear anyway.

I'm sitting here with my feet up having a cuppa and a piece of stollen and not caring that the windows need cleaning :lol:

Stollen? Oh shit I forgot the Stollen! Bye .........

My in laws have taken the kids for the morning so we can tidy the house ready for Christmas.

We agreed that I’d put together the doll’s high chair for my daughter, then clean the upstairs (tidy, dust and vacuum 3 bedrooms, clean bathroom, change the cats shitter tray) and she’d do the downstairs (kitchen, living room, hall and stairs). I’ve just taken the high chair down the stairs to find her with the entire contents of the side board on the floor saying “We desperately need to clear this sideboard out!”

Not as desperately as we need the house to stop looking like something from Kim and Aggie before 7 people descend on our house for Christmas dinner tomorrow! Seriously!

Don't get me started. We had a blazing row, because I took the bairn out for five hours today so the wife could finish the wrapping and get the cleaning done. When I came back she'd done about half the wrapping and none of the cleaning. How long does it take? I wrapped all hers in half an hour and we then cleaned the house in about an hour and a half when I got in. She's up there again pissing about.

This is the woman who will drive round an empty car park because she can't decide on a space!

Don't get me started. We had a blazing row, because I took the bairn out for five hours today so the wife could finish the wrapping and get the cleaning done. When I came back she'd done about half the wrapping and none of the cleaning. How long does it take? I wrapped all hers in half an hour and we then cleaned the house in about an hour and a half when I got in. She's up there again pissing about.

This is the woman who will drive round an empty car park because she can't decide on a space!
You have issues marrow.

Completely logical.

House cleaned from top to bottom this week, bedding washed, dog beds washed, washing basket emptied today...

Can't have Christmas Day in a shit-tip..... Dinner prep done and I'm on the sherry. Got a big dog-walk planned tomorrow, mebbe a run, then food & wine & kip in front of shit tv

Back