Women and priorities!

M

Mick Dundee

My in laws have taken the kids for the morning so we can tidy the house ready for Christmas.

We agreed that I’d put together the doll’s high chair for my daughter, then clean the upstairs (tidy, dust and vacuum 3 bedrooms, clean bathroom, change the cats shitter tray) and she’d do the downstairs (kitchen, living room, hall and stairs). I’ve just taken the high chair down the stairs to find her with the entire contents of the side board on the floor saying “We desperately need to clear this sideboard out!”

Not as desperately as we need the house to stop looking like something from Kim and Aggie before 7 people descend on our house for Christmas dinner tomorrow! Seriously!

My in laws have taken the kids for the morning so we can tidy the house ready for Christmas.

We agreed that I’d put together the doll’s high chair for my daughter, then clean the upstairs (tidy, dust and vacuum 3 bedrooms, clean bathroom, change the cats shitter tray) and she’d do the downstairs (kitchen, living room, hall and stairs). I’ve just taken the high chair down the stairs to find her with the entire contents of the side board on the floor saying “We desperately need to clear this sideboard out!”

Not as desperately as we need the house to stop looking like something from Kim and Aggie before 7 people descend on our house for Christmas dinner tomorrow! Seriously!
Classic work avoidance

Nope all logical , clear out / organise sideboard - remove the things possibly needed for hosting lunch but organise the rest to maximise empty space or to be thrown away and this makes room for the surplus clutter lying around therefore creating a clutter free environment for hoovering and polishing etc - men are a bit thick really

I did ours and the coffee table drawers last week and chucked out a full bin bag of crap - must have had at least twenty old phone / laptop / gadget chargers

Last edited:
Our lass was at Morrisons at 23:30 on Thursday, then straight to Asda at 00:30. Back to Asda at 02:30 on Saturday morning, she's now back at Morrisons.

Think she's planning for a nuclear apocalypse or something.
Oh and she's not speaking to me, coz I'm still breathing probably

You can, almost, understand it mate. I'm sick of going round to people's houses, poking my nose into their sideboard and then leaving in disgust at the clip of it. Savages.

This isn't look at me, but after years of nagging and mental torture, I finally caved in and agreed that we would get a cleaner to come round once a week. I stupidly thought this would save my ears some gbh from the screaming skull. No. We now have the weekly tidy purge before the cleaner comes round. Go figure the logic behind that one.

Last edited:

My Mam used to do things like that! Doing things like panicking about cleaning the windows or having to empty the full ironing basket so she'd be manically ironing shorts and sundresses that nobody was going to wear anyway.

I'm sitting here with my feet up having a cuppa and a piece of stollen and not caring that the windows need cleaning :lol:

We will be out of he house all day xmas day, Boxing Day and the day after but today rather than chill the house needs a spring clean :rolleyes:
Point out that it’s winter and as such, you won’t be doing any spring cleaning until 21st March, if at all.

You can, almost, understand it mate. I'm sick of going round to people's houses, poking my nose into their sideboard and then leaving in disgust at the clip of it. Savages.

This isn't look at me, but after years of nagging and mental torture, I finally caved in and agreed that we would get a cleaner to come round once a week. I stupidly thought this would save my ears some gbh from the screaming skull. No. We now have the weekly tidy purge before the cleaner comes round. Go figure the logic behind that one.
Sounds like you need to outsource the tidying as well as the cleaning marra

May this short, informative video help you in your understanding my dear chap.

:)

Last edited:
I think I married a sensible one reading this. I did a bit of Christmas dinner prep then cycled up to Tesco for the last minute fresh stuff. Come back to find all the veg prepared and everything in hand. Run the vacuum around after dinner and we are done*.

*I said similar last year, broke my toe moving the table and ended up in A&E to have it straightened, so hopefully this year is better.

I think I married a sensible one reading this. I did a bit of Christmas dinner prep then cycled up to Tesco for the last minute fresh stuff. Come back to find all the veg prepared and everything in hand. Run the vacuum around after dinner and we are done*.

*I said similar last year, broke my toe moving the table and ended up in A&E to have it straightened, so hopefully this year is better.
From the bottom of my heart, I sincerely hope your toe enjoys Christmas this year.:)

My Mam used to do things like that! Doing things like panicking about cleaning the windows or having to empty the full ironing basket so she'd be manically ironing shorts and sundresses that nobody was going to wear anyway.

I'm sitting here with my feet up having a cuppa and a piece of stollen and not caring that the windows need cleaning :lol:

Dorty hack ;)

Back