Women’s Euros Thread . . .

Well for starters, this is a forum and I believe it's a place where views are allowed to be aired.

What I detest about womens football is how the likes of The Guardian and The BBC are trying to force us in to believing that it is/or ever will be as popular as proper football.

It never will be.
Mate it seems to be general hate you have not a dislike for the football.

It’s like the homophobics who “hate it crammed down our throat” when they will happily overlook any amount of religion crammed down their throat.

Just my 5 bobs worth.

We sold out the Netball World Cup in 2019 (venue Liverpool Arena, capacity 15,000), we sold out the Paralympics track and field (venue capacity 100,000, only country ever to sell the paras out). They really, really should have gone for bigger stadiums particularly for the England games, we have an appetite in this country for watching “non mainstream” sports

We tried to get final tickets in the ballot but it wasn’t to be, I’ve got a fiver on England reaching the final and plan on getting right into this just like I do have done with England womens other tournaments. Haway the England Lasses!

We sold out the Netball World Cup in 2019 (venue Liverpool Arena, capacity 15,000), we sold out the Paralympics track and field (venue capacity 100,000, only country ever to sell the paras out). They really, really should have gone for bigger stadiums particularly for the England games, we have an appetite in this country for watching “non mainstream” sports
Maybe, but it's better to have full grounds than half empty stadiums for games that might not pull in the bigger crowds.

Nice staged a few games in the last World Cup in France and the ground was never more than about a third full.

I think they should have had more games in London though as there are big communities from all the competing nations, who would have filled the stadiums for their team's games.

Maybe, but it's better to have full grounds than half empty stadiums for games that might not pull in the bigger crowds.

Nice staged a few games in the last World Cup in France and the ground was never more than about a third full.

I think they should have had more games in London though as there are big communities from all the competing nations, who would have filled the stadiums for their team's games.
Errrrh Nice is in France.
Well for starters, this is a forum and I believe it's a place where views are allowed to be aired.

What I detest about womens football is how the likes of The Guardian and The BBC are trying to force us in to believing that it is/or ever will be as popular as proper football.

It never will be.
It wadve been quicker to type “I’m an arsehole” marra.
I don't wanna watch it but as a TV license payer, I'm getting it shoved down my throat via ads on BBC.

And that's twice you been rude to me.
I'd leave it at 2 if I were you, you divvy c**t.
Two for me anarl.
Just been looking at the venues used for the tournament - wtf is Leigh Sports Village and why are there no games in the North East?
Because the FA are witless unambitious shortsighted fools. I believe the games all sold out within hours. There’s dozens of bigger stadiums that would and could’ve beenndelighted to put a game on.
Bollocks ower late.

Last edited:
I believe the games all sold out within hours. There’s dozens of bigger stadiums that would and could’ve beenndelighted to put a game on.
The final did, i'm not sure all the others have.

I think there are even a few tickets still available for England's opening game at Old Trafford on Wednesday, although an attendance of over 70,000 is pretty impressive regardless.

There's a reason why smaller stadiums have been chosen for the less attractive fixtures.

Ha'way the wiminz.

A few games on near me at Leigh Sports Village - where Leigh Centurians Rugby is if you're wondering. Bigger than a lot of League 1 stadia too.
Not sure who's playing but I've entered a few competitions for tickets for the final

I see. You’ll not be joining the thread when they start then?

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of people like Logan supporting a regime which legalises rape, incest, spousal abuse, and other anti women doctrines. Then grandstanding women's sporting events which are banned in a regime she refuses to condemn

Back