Woman Paints Brick Paving and Makes National Paper

That’s paid-for marketing by B&Q and should really state ‘advertorial’, but they rarely do.

As someone who regularly gets approached to run these sort of articles on RTG that was certainly my first impression.

Unfortunately a lot of ‘editorial’ and ‘reviews’ that you see on the web is actually paid for advertising. I insist that any such articles here are marked as sponsored and the result of that is we haven’t run anything on here for several years now as the agencies won’t accept that!
It will chip and peel in a few months. Will she be in the paper then saying how great she thinks she is? I bet she wont be. Shouting her mouth off when things are going well, but just you wait woman.....just you wait.

In a few months she will be telling us how her new pressure washer from b&q helped blast off her old flaking paint and revealed beautiful bricks underneath.

Last edited:
This will look shite in 2 months. The paint will flake and turn her back garden into a snow storm.
She's used masonry paint not made specifically for floors so it weather resistant but not very hard wearing.

A mates lass is a real "Hincher" and one day she ripped out the stair carpet, painted the wood grey and stuck smashed up CDs on the risers.
It was a complete mess, but she was all over facey showing it off, with the usual false comments.
Once a few days had passed, the paint all started coming off, the smashed CDs started falling off and the whole house boomed whenever someone used the stairs.

She's got carpet again now.

Back