Woman fined £150 for feeding sausage roll to pigeon

He did come across as being a prick.

Possibly, but there wouldn't be any need for people like him if we didn't have ignorant, inconsiderate scruffs who ruin the look of the place by littering. Funny how the youtuber didn't put his "talent" to good effect by challenging the people littering. He knows he'd probably get a good hiding if he did & ironically its an easier target to have a go at people who are trying to do a job as he knows there's less chance he'll get a clip.

Re the OP the fine is harsh and it would have been better to have a quiet word and dish out a warning, but I've got little sympathy for people who litter as I'd rather streets didn't have litter in them. It really doesn't take much effort/decency to put your own litter in a bin or keep it on you until you find one.

Also true.

No law against feeding birds

Also this. Birds are protected by law, she could argue that she was protecting its life by making sure it would not starve and that the council are in breach of the Countryside Act by putting those posters up. This lawyer stuff is easy.

Pigeons are vermin, would you knowingly feed rats?
Spot on.
Same with friggin seagulls. I can just about guarantee that whenever I set up at the beach some sackless wanker in close proximity starts feeding the evil bastards and they start swirling and shitting everywhere. I’ve kicked off loads of times about it and I’m ready to throw down whenever I see these arseholes doing it.

If only the general public had more pride in the place and didn't litter. It seems like people do not give a fuck about others than themselves nowadays. Fuck everyone else and to hell with the consequences.

As for that smug twat in the YouTube video, he should've challenged the scruffy twats throwing cigarette butts to the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the signs say do not feed the birds, why is this woman a special case? Serves her right.
Is the penalty for feeding the birds a fine, or do signs just ask you not to?
Sounds like she's been fined for littering, which it clearly wasn't. Abuse of power.

I think if it discourages people littering and attracting vermin, it's appropriate. Perhaps you'd like to see more rats scurrying about too?
I don't feed pigeons but I don't see people flicking a bit of pastry to a bird as littering. Not something the state needs to get involved in imho.

Spot on.
Same with friggin seagulls. I can just about guarantee that whenever I set up at the beach some sackless wanker in close proximity starts feeding the evil bastards and they start swirling and shitting everywhere. I’ve kicked off loads of times about it and I’m ready to throw down whenever I see these arseholes doing it.
There's no such thing as "seagull's" in the bird sense

There's no such thing as "seagull's" in the bird sense
Yes thank you Mr Logic I’m aware of that but there is in the conversational sense.

“Ow man! You’re a puff”
“Ah yes - ‘puff’. A verb. To exhale forcefully. To extend one’s cheeks.”

I don't feed pigeons but I don't see people flicking a bit of pastry to a bird as littering. Not something the state needs to get involved in imho.

It's council rather than the state as a whole.
Pigeons are a problem in towns. Remove the source of the problem i.e. feeding them in urban environments and the problem lessens.
There's a difference between dropping a bit of crumb etc by accident and actively feeding them

It's council rather than the state as a whole.
Pigeons are a problem in towns. Remove the source of the problem i.e. feeding them in urban environments and the problem lessens.
There's a difference between dropping a bit of crumb etc by accident and actively feeding them

The council is an agent of the State.

This incident should not have occurred. Dropping litter is a different matter.

Yes thank you Mr Logic I’m aware of that but there is in the conversational sense.

“Ow man! You’re a puff”
“Ah yes - ‘puff’. A verb. To exhale forcefully. To extend one’s cheeks.”
A bit more "logic" for ya just so your aware
It's wrong possibly illegal to call a man a "puff" but stand to be corrected

Back