Wolves v Manchester United

Pogba is offside. They showed a side angle at the time and he was a fair distance offside. I've tried pausing the video, but it's hard to get it spot on and it doesn't really seem to show much from that angle anyway.
I get you don't like VAR but some of the stuff you're saying isn't quite correct. I've just checked and Pogba is not offside and I don't know where you got fair distance offside from! :confused:

Look at the image below that is frozen at the point of kicking, the #21 defender's left foot below that has a white boot and white socks and Pogba has white (or yellow) boots with dark blue socks. Also, this viewing angle it makes Pogba look further forward than he is if you were to move the camera angle to the right and look straight across the pitch.

Logon or register to see this image

Now look at this other angle as that white boot is actually #21's foot, not Pogba's (top left zoomed in). You can clearly see Pogba is actually onside even though this is the next frame after the one above as the ball is now on it's way.

I got that above freeze frame image from this video. Just knock the speed down to 0.25x from 1:50 to see the white boot belongs to the #21 defender and not Pogba who has white boots but blue socks on as his left foot is inbetween the legs of the defender in front of him.

Did you post this video? It got ripped to bits in the comments and even at 5 seconds it shows a similar freeze frame to the first one I posted in the post! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Why have VAR if everything is correct as given initially?

Let’s remind you:

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:

• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
  • the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
  • the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence
Perhaps you should spend a while reviewing the rules of the game. I’m done with this idiots falsities now.

Roberto Rosetti said that the introduction of video assistant referees (VARs), which will begin in the first knockout round matches next month, will see interventions for any clear or factual decisions — including the narrowest offside calls or obvious fouls — but with clear errors needed before subjective decisions are changed.

The Italian, who took over from Pierluigi Collina as Uefa’s chief refereeing officer in August having worked on the introduction of VAR systems in Serie A and the World Cup, added that officials will penalise handballs if defenders use their arms to make their bodies “bigger” to block crosses or shots.

“Handball is the most controversial topic not only in England, and Ifab is doing something to try to clarify the law.

“If the position of the arm is natural or normal we cannot penalise a player. There is the concept of ‘deliberate’ but it is not easy to see that because I can’t say I have ever seen a defender deliberately doing a handball.

“The big challenge is the position of the arm. When the arm is totally out of the body above the shoulder it should be penalised, If the defender is making the body bigger in order to block the ball it is not fair.

“It is different if the defender is challenging or playing the ball and it rebounds. But if he is looking to block a cross or a shot on goal and the player is trying to spread his body then it is a handball.”

Roberto Rosetti said that the introduction of video assistant referees (VARs), which will begin in the first knockout round matches next month, will see interventions for any clear or factual decisions — including the narrowest offside calls or obvious fouls — but with clear errors needed before subjective decisions are changed.

The Italian, who took over from Pierluigi Collina as Uefa’s chief refereeing officer in August having worked on the introduction of VAR systems in Serie A and the World Cup, added that officials will penalise handballs if defenders use their arms to make their bodies “bigger” to block crosses or shots.

“Handball is the most controversial topic not only in England, and Ifab is doing something to try to clarify the law.

“If the position of the arm is natural or normal we cannot penalise a player. There is the concept of ‘deliberate’ but it is not easy to see that because I can’t say I have ever seen a defender deliberately doing a handball.

“The big challenge is the position of the arm. When the arm is totally out of the body above the shoulder it should be penalised, If the defender is making the body bigger in order to block the ball it is not fair.

“It is different if the defender is challenging or playing the ball and it rebounds. But if he is looking to block a cross or a shot on goal and the player is trying to spread his body then it is a handball.”

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

Why do you just keep repeating your mistake?

I get you don't like VAR but some of the stuff you're saying isn't quite correct. I've just checked and Pogba is not offside and I don't know where you got fair distance offside from! :confused:

Look at the image below that is frozen at the point of kicking, the #21 defender's left foot below that has a white boot and white socks and Pogba has white (or yellow) boots with dark blue socks. Also, this viewing angle it makes Pogba look further forward than he is if you were to move the camera angle to the right and look straight across the pitch.

Now look at this other angle as that white boot is actually #21's foot, not Pogba's (top left zoomed in). You can clearly see Pogba is actually onside even though this is the next frame after the one above as the ball is now on it's way.

I got that above freeze frame image from this video. Just knock the speed down to 0.25x from 1:50 to see the white boot belongs to the #21 defender and not Pogba who has white boots but blue socks on as his left foot is inbetween the legs of the defender in front of him.

Did you post this video? It got ripped to bits in the comments and even at 5 seconds it shows a similar freeze frame to the first one I posted in the post! :lol:

There was very definitely something wrong with that first goal, but it was over a year ago and I can’t recall exactly what. Offside comes to mind and I’m sure they showed an angle which showed it was, but don’t have anything at the moment to provide. I didn’t post any videos btw. Regardless of this one, there are plenty of other errors. Can replace this one in my list of 20 fuckups with the Rodri one from yesterday if you want continuity
Why do you just keep repeating your mistake?

There was very definitely something wrong with that first goal, but it was over a year ago and I can’t recall exactly what. Offside comes to mind and I’m sure they showed an angle which showed it was, but don’t have anything at the moment to provide. I didn’t post any videos btw. Regardless of this one, there are plenty of other errors. Can replace this one in my list of 20 fuckups with the Rodri one from yesterday if you want continuity

Enjoy your night mate.

Apart from the penalty miss he was Man Utd best player you clown

Main question though is how long until he stops trying again?
Enjoy your night mate.

Main question though is how long until he stops trying again?

Lost the dressing room now.

Confirmed you kna fuck all about football

Stick to bleating on about rangers muppet

I hardly ever mention Rangers you pissed up goon. In fact I'm usually ripping the piss out of Scotch football in general.

Remember when you said Welbeck was never good enough for us? Then he went to Arsenal. LOL.

Last edited:
Lost the dressing room now.

Back