Wolves v Manchester United

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:

• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
  • the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
  • the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence

What you doing man :)

The defender in the still is taking a step to his left to cover Aguero, which opens the space for Sterling. How the fuck is he NOT interfering with play?
Because that's not in the rules and only applies to an old quote that was "If he's not interfering with play, what's he doing on the pitch? :lol: You know last seasons handball rules, do you know the offside rule for this season?

Aguero broke none of these, so he wasn't given offside. Here's the link and you won't find any rule there that will make Aguero offside. He wasn't blocking anyones view and he didn't attempt to play the ball as he stood still when the pass was made.

Because that's not in the rules and only applies to an old quote that was "If he's not interfering with play, what's he doing on the pitch? :lol: You know last seasons handball rules, do you know the offside rule for this season?

Aguero broke none of these, so he wasn't given offside. Here's the link and you won't find any rule there that will make Aguero offside. He wasn't blocking anyones view and he didn't attempt to play the ball as he stood still when the pass was made.

Sigh. I’m not going to discuss every individual decision ever. However, the point below:

• making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball
Covers the old “interfering with play” wording. He forces the defender to shift to his left and thus impedes his ability to defend and therefore play the ball. I rest my case

The TV has a frame rate of 60fps probably, which means that it can only be accurate to 0.05 seconds (roughly). Two sprinting players crossing can travel around 20cm in that time, so there is automatically a 20cm error band applied to any offside decision. This is before you consider angular momentum, rebound of the football, human error, etc. - if you could ACCURATELY say a guy is 0.1mm offside, then fair enough, but the mathematics states that you physically cannot.
60FPS means a frame every 0.01666 seconds, not 0.05 seconds ;) A player running full pelt at 20mph (32kmh) would cover 900cms in a second.

So even at 60FPS that would be 15cm but VAR seem to use the 30FPS so that's 30cm (12 inches, 1 foot)!. That doesn't even include a defender stepping forward which could increase that distance slightly. You would need 9000FPS to see it down to the mm and VAR will never get that! :lol:

That's why I reckon using frames before and after the 'pass' frame would help to decide close onside/offside decisions. It could allow an attacker who was 29cm onside the frame before but 1cm offside the next frame to be onside due to the frame rate rather than be given offside because they can't get the precise millisecond the ball is played!

There was very definitely something wrong with that first goal, but it was over a year ago and I can’t recall exactly what. Offside comes to mind and I’m sure they showed an angle which showed it was, but don’t have anything at the moment to provide. I didn’t post any videos btw. Regardless of this one, there are plenty of other errors. Can replace this one in my list of 20 fuckups with the Rodri one from yesterday if you want continuity
The first goal wasn't offside and there was nowt else wrong with it, just an unlucky own goal.

I was taking the piss about you posting the video but I don't know how they Rodri one wasn't given, albeit still subjective it was a penna for me!
Sigh. I’m not going to discuss every individual decision ever. However, the point below:

• making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball
Covers the old “interfering with play” wording. He forces the defender to shift to his left and thus impedes his ability to defend and therefore play the ball. I rest my case
I guess you can't interpret the rules like officials, VAR, pundits and many other people can and it's down to your own interpretation of that incident. Or did I miss the uproar about Aguero being offside by the West Ham players, manager, media etc? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
60FPS means a frame every 0.01666 seconds, not 0.05 seconds ;) A player running full pelt at 20mph (32kmh) would cover 900cms in a second.

So even at 60FPS that would be 15cm but VAR seem to use the 30FPS so that's 30cm (12 inches, 1 foot)!. That doesn't even include a defender stepping forward which could increase that distance slightly. You would need 9000FPS to see it down to the mm and VAR will never get that! :lol:

That's why I reckon using frames before and after the 'pass' frame would help to decide close onside/offside decisions. It could allow an attacker who was 29cm onside the frame before but 1cm offside the next frame to be onside due to the frame rate rather than be given offside because they can't get the precise millisecond the ball is played!

The first goal wasn't offside and there was nowt else wrong with it, just an unlucky own goal.

I was taking the piss about you posting the video but I don't know how they Rodri one wasn't given, albeit still subjective it was a penna for me!

I guess you can't interpret the rules like officials, VAR, pundits and many other people can and it's down to your own interpretation of that incident. Or did I miss the uproar about Aguero being offside by the West Ham players, manager, media etc? :confused:

Remember in the first instance, an offside can occur when players cross, so the effective speed would double and hence the error band could potentially double to 60cm or around 2 foot.

Back