Wolves v Leicester kick off 2000 BT Sport 1 & Ultimate

I thought the rule is that if the player is behind the ball they are onside and not to do with the ball going backwards (just usually it does go backwards if the player is behind the ball)? Might be wrong like
That is the law, I always thought the direction of the ball was involved in it

It is though, the moaning twats who whinged like fuck when sky picked up a marginal offside then ranted they wuz robbed on social media have got exactly what they wanted.
I hope they’re happy as there’s some f***ing great goals being chalked out by decisions so marginal, no advantage would have been gained from them but hey ho, they’re technically correct.
Has ruined the game IMO - despite being 'technically right' is takes the enjoyment away......so therefore what then is the point of football?

So how is it not offside when one attacker plays it across the box to another attacker to score. I thought as long as the ball went backwards it was ok and not offside.
Jota was ahead of the ball when it was played. So in your example the player is behind the ball so he isn't offside, direction of the pass is irrelevant. I always thought the same as you until I read the law earlier.

Been watching the Hull game. End to end and crap defending.
Honeyman is on but looks like he's only half interested, if that much..

Asor-who ?

Last edited:

Back