Wolves fan in peace. You will bounce back like we did.

Had some great games v Wolves in the late 80s early 90s. Was always a good atmosphere and often a bit of needle remember Geoff Thomas being sent off, Mike Stowell offering the whole Fulwell End out & the who was better out of Marco & Steve Bull debate!

Thick as fuck - check
Shit - check
Obsessed with money - check
Obsessed with public image - check
Pisshead - check
Self centred - check
Fashion victim - check

How the fuck did he slip through the net
:lol: Class. Think he retired to pursue his TOWIE career didn’t he?

OP has it spot on. Sunderland will do well to follow the Wolves example and get rid of the Rodwells and pissheads.
Personally I’m happy we’re still locally owned but do wish Wolves all the best with their Chinese ownership, the future of the game is in Asia and has been for some time now. The Yanks don’t give a stuff.

Firsty you lot have one of the best football forums going. True football knowledge and some great banter.
It was the best thing to happen to Wolves when we dropped to League 1
We got rid of our bomb squad. The likes of Roger Johnson, Jamie O Hara and Karl Henry.
All on 40k a week. Introduced a wage cap. Our chairman was disinterested pretty much like yours is.
We got the winning feeling back. Great away days which felt like the 80's
Then we got lucky with our investors
I know lots of Wolves fans have got a soft spot for you lot as you are a well supported and traditional club which pretty much mirror Wolves.
It's time to reboot Sunderland FC. Wolves fans feel your pain but I guarantee you will bounce back guys. Good luck.
I appreciate the sentiment and wish you all the best in the premier league. I'm sure you'll be going up with ambition and giving it a good go.
Think you've underestimated our plight though

Make sure to help relegate the mags if they are still there next season and don't go the route we have with backs to the walls every match shitting it hoping to nick a point EVERY game. It doesn't work.

Always liked Wolves, never seem to step on anyones toes and just seem like a decent club.

Firsty you lot have one of the best football forums going. True football knowledge and some great banter.
It was the best thing to happen to Wolves when we dropped to League 1
We got rid of our bomb squad. The likes of Roger Johnson, Jamie O Hara and Karl Henry.
All on 40k a week. Introduced a wage cap. Our chairman was disinterested pretty much like yours is.
We got the winning feeling back. Great away days which felt like the 80's
Then we got lucky with our investors
I know lots of Wolves fans have got a soft spot for you lot as you are a well supported and traditional club which pretty much mirror Wolves.
It's time to reboot Sunderland FC. Wolves fans feel your pain but I guarantee you will bounce back guys. Good luck.

Forgot Jamie O'Hara and Roger Johnson existed.

O'Hara's 31 and playing for Billericay, Johnson's 34 and at Bromley!

Yes and not sure...think he might of done. Remember watching it on the Saturday news on BBC2 that evening when they used to show the goals/report on "one" game played that day....footage always seemed to be graney.
Common folklore always suggested he was pissed up and that helped cushion the fall. That said I've just googled it and it seems he didn't come out of it that well How football prank still haunts me to this day

The lad's post may have been badly phrased but he's right, this forum is class. I guess there's a funereal element at the moment but seeing as your fans are more grounded than the ones round here, after 12 years in the North East there's a reason I've got a lot of time for SAFC and not the mags.

Last edited:
Had some great games v Wolves in the late 80s early 90s. Was always a good atmosphere and often a bit of needle remember Geoff Thomas being sent off, Mike Stowell offering the whole Fulwell End out & the who was better out of Marco & Steve Bull debate!

I remember going there and we had two sent off. First couple of times we were stood on the South Bank which was split between home & away fans.

There was only the South Bank and the ‘new’ stand open, the others had been closed a while I think.

Back