Wolverhampton Wanderers v Birmingham City Sky Sports 1 kick off 1945

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robinson gets sent off for a wild challenge, happened under the Linesman's nose and he didn't even signal for a free kick....Just what is the point of them these days? They don't give any decisions....;

Robinson gets sent off for a wild challenge, happened under the Linesman's nose and he didn't even signal for a free kick....Just what is the point of them these days? They don't give any decisions....;

Nothing wrong with the tackle.

Nothing wrong with the tackle.
Was a bit OTT in teh way he went in, but didn't look like there was much contact. It's more a general point that Linesman don't give any decisions these days apart from offside, they don't even award throw-ins these days

Was a bit OTT in teh way he went in, but didn't look like there was much contact. It's more a general point that Linesman don't give any decisions these days apart from offside, they don't even award throw-ins these days

They always tend to give free kicks to diving defenders

I don't particularly like burton Albion but they've done well and are currently above wolves ... who would have thought that would happen 5,10 years ago?

Speaking with my eldest son we decided that we preferred Matlock town and Gresley rovers of the midlands teams.

Wolves and Villa are definitely the 2 Midlands sides I like least though I really don't like Forest either

I've watched the vast majority of the championship & even the top teams hardly play scintillating football

Second tier as always been the same. Highly competent defences but a decidedly lack of flair to break down stubborn defences. Makes for boring football.

Midfield is generally very ordinary as well. Fulham play the most attractive football, but their defence is porous. Then it is 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2. Injuries ot key players can disrupt best laid plans.

Huddersfield look the exceptional team this season. Reading look like the dark horses but they need to get four points out of their games vs Brighton and Newcastle with visits to Sheff Wed and Norwich and Villa in April, and Leeds at home.

I don't particularly like burton Albion but they've done well and are currently above wolves ... who would have thought that would happen 5,10 years ago?

Speaking with my eldest son we decided that we preferred Matlock town and Gresley rovers of the midlands teams.

Being a Derby fan i was bought up listening to Radio Derby even though i lived in North Notts. they used to cover Chesterfield, Alfreton Town, Matlock Town, Heanor Town even Derby carriage & Wagon..nowadays it's Derby & Burton & that's it.
Burton are in Staffordshire ffs, whats that got to do with Derbyshire plus the fact they've had 4 points off us this season as well!! fond memories of Gresley getting to Wembley in the 90's, miss those days on local radio.

Being a Derby fan i was bought up listening to Radio Derby even though i lived in North Notts. they used to cover Chesterfield, Alfreton Town, Matlock Town, Heanor Town even Derby carriage & Wagon..nowadays it's Derby & Burton & that's it.
Burton are in Staffordshire ffs, whats that got to do with Derbyshire plus the fact they've had 4 points off us this season as well!! fond memories of Gresley getting to Wembley in the 90's, miss those days on local radio.
Never mind duck

Just Gresley FC now marra
Yes mate my brother was at Gresley both when they had a bit of cash and also when they had to reform.

Part of burton (stapenhill and winshill) across the Trent were once in Derbyshire I think. Derbyshire cricket matches have been played at bass's on the washlands.

Burton and South Derbyshire are a lot more linked than burton and uttoxeter which are in the same council borough and parliamentary constituency.

Ps. My dad played for Matlock, Ilkeston, belper after he left safc. I didn't realise how smart the Ilkeston fc ground was.

Wolves and Villa are definitely the 2 Midlands sides I like least though I really don't like Forest either
WBA have been ok probs friendliest of the bigger clubs.

Last edited:
I was in a corporate box at Wolves last night. In the box next door were none other than Jody Craddock and Kevin Kyle.

I know, cool story bro.

Also, Birmingham fans are as bad as their reputation suggests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back