Woken up by dreams

Its been canny for the last 12 years, but just bought a Bone Voyage for my trip to Australia in December
I still use a "Pelican" (made in Australia) spinning rod I found on Shields beach one night 40 odd years ago . I put new rings and reel lock on shortly after I found it . I've had all sorts on it but nowt special . Our lass has had a 4lb 10 oz cod and a 3lb sea bass .

Always been ok for me, caught 2 pelicans on one cast in Tobago
I tend to go for bigger fish when traveling so horses for courses I suppose.
I think South Africa will be my next trip. My mates go and have caught decent fish from the shore.
Mind I go on fishing holidays. Not fishing on holiday.

Last edited:
I was woken up by a dream in the early hours of this morning as well bizarrely. I was driving along in the car and the steering wheel exploded which woke me up sharpish...my heart was going like the clappers when I woke up! Took a few minutes to work out what the fuck had happened.

Aye I once dreamt I was Lee Cattermole standing on the goal line clearing the ball with my knee, in real life I gave my ex girlfriend a massive knee up her arse. It took some explaining..

Done very similar once. Dreamt I was playing in a celebrity charity match at Wembley and marking Craig Charles. Ball came long and I was jostling with him, cleared it with a hefty kick and woke to realise that my wife was the ball. Proper volleyed her.

I've had dreams where I was dreaming I was falling from something and woke up as I was falling out of bed. Creepy as fuck. Usually always wake up after a bad dream. I'm always being chased off something.

But can you rewind your dreams :) I remember once someone hoyed a grenade into a footie changing room I was in, went off, should have been carnage but I somehow managed to rewind the dream and turn it into a smoke bomb :)

Just remembered one I had yesterday morning.

Woke up at 4am with urge to nip to the toilet, but still half asleep and a bit too comfortable to move. So think better of it and nod off back to sleep. But I start dreaming that I’m standing on this huge toilet rim and start peeing....and peeing... and peeing. I mean I’m talking about Land of the Giants big and I’m filling the bowl!

It’s at that point I suddenly come awake and think I REALLY better nip to the toilet!!

I havnt been sleeping well recently, finally went back off around 4 this morning. Was dreaming about fishing from a beach, was watching my rod, but could also see this fat bloke walking along the beach, he only goes and walks into my line and I have to dive to catch my rod from landing in the sand, woke up hanging out of the bed trying to catch the rod. I have also woke up trying to nut Alan Shearer and punching rats.

Anyone else been woken by a dream? (no wet ones please)

Ah, the old ‘sudden realisation of homosexuality and masturbatory guilt’ dream.
Just remembered one I had yesterday morning.

Woke up at 4am with urge to nip to the toilet, but still half asleep and a bit too comfortable to move. So think better of it and nod off back to sleep. But I start dreaming that I’m standing on this huge toilet rim and start peeing....and peeing... and peeing. I mean I’m talking about Land of the Giants big and I’m filling the bowl!

It’s at that point I suddenly come awake and think I REALLY better nip to the toilet!!

Ah. The old ‘golden show fantasy guilt’ dream.
I was woken up by a dream in the early hours of this morning as well bizarrely. I was driving along in the car and the steering wheel exploded. Took a few minutes to work out what the fuck had happened.

The steering wheel exploded. That’s what happened

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to go for bigger fish when traveling so horses for courses I suppose.
I think South Africa will be my next trip. My mates go and have caught decent fish from the shore.
Mind I go on fishing holidays. Not fishing on holiday.

Well I know the rod I currently have can handle fish up to 20kg and my new rod can do more, from the shore thats a big fish, I dont want to catch anything huge, I always worry how much harm you do to the bigger fish if you are lucky enough to catch one, and if I catch a shark for example from the beach, what the hell am I going to do with it?

Well I know the rod I currently have can handle fish up to 20kg and my new rod can do more, from the shore thats a big fish, I dont want to catch anything huge, I always worry how much harm you do to the bigger fish if you are lucky enough to catch one, and if I catch a shark for example from the beach, what the hell am I going to do with it?
True. Like I say if your just lure fishing on holiday or light bait fishing that’s more than adequate what you are using. I go targeting sharks/stingrays etc so the heavier the gear the better. Mind 12 or 15 of us turning up in small african countries raises eyebrows when we are all carrying tubes called bazzookers. They think a coup is happening.
Would love to do Australia like. Looks class.

True. Like I say if your just lure fishing on holiday or light bait fishing that’s more than adequate what you are using. I go targeting sharks/stingrays etc so the heavier the gear the better. Mind 12 or 15 of us turning up in small african countries raises eyebrows when we are all carrying tubes called bazzookers. They think a coup is happening.
Would love to do Australia like. Looks class.

Have a bazzooker, done Aus before, this time we have a bigger campervan, win the lottery I am moving there immediately

Back