Woken up by dreams

I havnt been sleeping well recently, finally went back off around 4 this morning. Was dreaming about fishing from a beach, was watching my rod, but could also see this fat bloke walking along the beach, he only goes and walks into my line and I have to dive to catch my rod from landing in the sand, woke up hanging out of the bed trying to catch the rod. I have also woke up trying to nut Alan Shearer and punching rats.

Anyone else been woken by a dream? (no wet ones please)

I fall asleep and go straight into dream mode. It’s usually a bad dream of some description and I have to wake up to extricate myself from the situation.
Then I go back to sleep and have normal dreams. Same pattern every night.

I havnt been sleeping well recently, finally went back off around 4 this morning. Was dreaming about fishing from a beach, was watching my rod, but could also see this fat bloke walking along the beach, he only goes and walks into my line and I have to dive to catch my rod from landing in the sand, woke up hanging out of the bed trying to catch the rod. I have also woke up trying to nut Alan Shearer and punching rats.

The Rod is a classic phallic representation. The beach a classic romantic setting. The fact that a large fat man keeps trying to interfere with it could represent masculinity. In this dream its a clear threat. The dive could represent trying to catch yourself or prevent something from happening. It could be that you are afraid of romantic change and that this involves a large fat man?

What make of rod mate.

A few years ago I was dreaming that I was talking to my brother, but it didn’t feel like a dream, but then it suddenly stopped and I woke up feeling a bit weird like conversation was cut off.

Anyway, the next day, I was chatting to my brother on the phone and he mentioned that his wife had discovered him sleepwalking on the landing, and talking in his sleep. She had gently tried to guide him back to bedroom, but he suddenly came awake, and wondering what was going on.

We worked out that that my “dream chat” and his sleepwalking both happened exactly the same time.

We both just laughed it off, but really freaked my sis-in-law out when my brother told her 🤣

Yes many times and as a Child was prone to sleepwalking.
Used to fish off the end of the bed and once had the gun out on the bed whilst asleep :)
Fallen out of bed a few times ........ SOT probably needs help like.
I've had dreams where I was dreaming I was falling from something and woke up as I was falling out of bed. Creepy as fuck. Usually always wake up after a bad dream. I'm always being chased off something.

Maybe dodging seagulls.
I have dreams that my car is rolling backwards and I wake up with one leg out of the bed trying to stop it :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Its been canny for the last 12 years, but just bought a Bone Voyage for my trip to Australia in December
Not jealous of the rod (all travel rods are shit). But definitely jealous of the trip to Australia. YouTube the morningtide lads. They post some good stuff from down under.
I would always pay to take proper rods abroad after a nightmare with travel rods (too many spigots).

Back