Woke

Find it strange that it's being used as an insult by some. Who would've thought that being aware of injustice is a bad thing.

It isn’t.

However, the kind of person that earnestly describes themselves as “woke” is generally a po-faced twerp with no sense of humour, self-awareness or perspective. Disagreement is viewed as an attack.

It's a relief if anything mate, I'm still woke though by the way..... I only kill straight white males obviously ;)

I won't tell you how I find out if they are straight :eek:

their unconscious bias would give it away... 👍*

*I apologise if I offend anyone from south east asia, or who is offended on their behalf with chosen colour of the thumbs up emoji

I see this word being used all over social media, seems to have overtaken ‘gammon’ now that brexit has died away and racism is now being brought up all the time.

Has this word always been used for being aware of racism, or has it just recently been adopted as such?

It's just the new term for "politically correct", used by people that either don't want to be associated with the "politically correct brigade" or are too young or out of touch to know what "politically correct" means.
Oh and apparently also now as a slur on those people. :confused: :eek:🤔

Last edited:
They do, but mostly on the internet as far as I can gather.

Exactly. In real life it’s only used ironically or as an insult.
:lol:
Less competition.

It's divvies, somewhat ironically.
:lol:

Eh? Divvy’s as in ‘divvy is’. You divvy.
Could be, certainly used by bellends in at least one corner of the internet. What do I know though, I'm just a sexy Chad bastard.

That one is definitely beyond my ‘bellends on the internet’ vocabulary.

Last edited:
I see this word being used all over social media, seems to have overtaken ‘gammon’ now that brexit has died away and racism is now being brought up all the time.

Has this word always been used for being aware of racism, or has it just recently been adopted as such?
as far as i know the term Awakened has always been used to denote awareness of issues in the past. "Woke" just shows the intolerable slide in standards of language in my opinion, mind I would expect nothing less from the generation that thought Boaty McBoatface was the height of wit and intellectual fun
Been used for a few years now. It’s a shite word, really grates on me that and “we Stan”
We Stan is an apt Phrase for some of these Woke creatures though. Most of them would wierdly kill just for a mention off JC or whoever their current messiahs are, just like the eponymous Stan

Last edited:

Back