Without a club on Monday

Looks like it as his contract expires on Sunday. Think Ross should have brought him back in January as he was playing well and presumably confident. Put him on the bench and might have got a run when Maguire got injured. Might have persuaded him to sign.
This all over, seemed a no brainer to me. As it happened Embleton got injured too i think?

Godin better than Van Dyke?

Have a day off

not even remotely close for me, if he was hed have the best teams in the world after him

At the very top level you can only judge a players overall play and influence on a top level team after about 5 seasons. So on those terms it is too early to judge Van Dijk even though he looks pretty impressive over last 2 seasons. If he can lead Liverpool to a league title and some other further honours then yes he can be potentially acclaimed as the best in the world in his position.

For instance take the case of the German defender Hummels. Looked brilliant for a year or two and now looks ordinary.

It also depends on how good the rest of the team is and how they play against other very good teams in the Champions League. For instance Pique and Ramos are often regarded as top 3 defenders. However Pique gets an easy ride as Barca hold onto the ball for long periods. Doesn't look that brilliant when top teams have a real go at him. Same for Ramos who has been given the run around by Messi a few times too often to be regarded as a top player. Also his shithousery of course...

Nasri off to Australia I heard

shame as when he played for us he was really good, just spent most of his time injured, we already have Wilshire for that role

wouldn''t be totally amazed to see Balotelli end up with us, tho not sure you could have that much attitude in one strike partnership with Arnautovic, although the two are close friends

Nasri to Oz? False, and denied in Australia.

Back