Witcher 3

Massive issue on all of these types of games early on isn't it. No money and not enough carry weight early on then later you end up with loads of coin and nowt to spend it on.
I think here it was because it isn't immediately obvious what's needed/worthless.

Never really wanted for cash in witcher 3 so far.

Think I'm heading towards the final stretch. Took a while to grab me but I think I'll pick this up again in a year or so and have a second playthrough, missed a lot around gwent etc.

This is still on my wish list. Find it hard to find enough time for serious gaming now. Changing shifts in January so might help marginally

Not had much time to play, but really enjoying this now. Not long out of white orchards, 2 % complete 😂, it really is a massive game.

Although I enjoyed the concept and story from the start, I wasn't very fond of the "button bashing" combat system, but after upgrading just a little and a bit of practice it becomes more enjoyable when you start lobbing limbs off etc.

Not had much time to play, but really enjoying this now. Not long out of white orchards, 2 % complete 😂, it really is a massive game.

Although I enjoyed the concept and story from the start, I wasn't very fond of the "button bashing" combat system, but after upgrading just a little and a bit of practice it becomes more enjoyable when you start lobbing limbs off etc.
I'm looking forward to going back to it and starting again in the future. Took me a while to get the hang of parrying ect and it seems to have plenty of replay value

The combat system seems to be most people's gripe when they start playing. I know a few lads who have gave up early on because of the combat. I thought it was fine once I was used to it.

The combat system seems to be most people's gripe when they start playing. I know a few lads who have gave up early on because of the combat. I thought it was fine once I was used to it.
I think a lot of people roll around having played Dark Souls. If you do that the combat does seem crap, but Geralt isn't really a roller.

I think a lot of people roll around having played Dark Souls. If you do that the combat does seem crap, but Geralt isn't really a roller.

Only really roll for arrows or big AoE attacks. Parrying for humans and dodge suffices for most enemies.

Aye. I know a couple of souls players who didn't like the combat. Rolling isn't good in the witcher. Dodging and parrying is better.

Aye. I know a couple of souls players who didn't like the combat. Rolling isn't good in the witcher. Dodging and parrying is better.

Rolling in DS1 is shite as well and unnecessary given now overpowered blocking is and how easy it is to parry. Fat roll cut offs don't help like.

Back