Witcher 3

SAFC_Jack

Striker
Finally getting round to playing this (only had it for four years). Loving it so far but anyone got any tips for playing Gwent?

Think I’m addicted but seem desperately shite at it against standard players.

Gwent is one of the best parts of what is the greatest game ever. It gets easier the more you play it and the more cards you collect. Most merchants sell cards. Buy the lot

Playing it right now. Picked up a version with the DLC from CEX s few weeks back. Tried it on the PC a couple of years back but moved on before clocking it.

Gwent hasn't grabbed me. The game hasn't grabbed me tbh, no idea why because it should be right up my street.

Playing it right now. Picked up a version with the DLC from CEX s few weeks back. Tried it on the PC a couple of years back but moved on before clocking it.

Gwent hasn't grabbed me. The game hasn't grabbed me tbh, no idea why because it should be right up my street.

I had to persevere like - I always feel the menus are really clunky but used to it now.

Got better when I got to Velen.

tbh gwent was my favourite part of the game. found it mainly boring arse shite after a few weeks of playing it

I had to persevere like - I always feel the menus are really clunky but used to it now.

Got better when I got to Velen.
I'm in Velen, just did a mission where I had to mooch up a tower full of rats.

The world is pretty, the combat it fine, the writing is decent.

I think it a mixture of menus, loot, and the pacing.

-Menus aren't intuitive
-I don't like level caps on loot (would rather it just didn't drop or there was an effectiveness hit.
-I feel like I'm forced to do a load of superfluous shit in between plot points, this is standard but it shouldn't *feel* like it's superfluous shit
-The level guides on quests makes me feel like I'm on rails too.

I don't hate it, I just don't love it. Its like a lot of little niggles that make it not fun.

I'm in Velen, just did a mission where I had to mooch up a tower full of rats.

The world is pretty, the combat it fine, the writing is decent.

I think it a mixture of menus, loot, and the pacing.

-Menus aren't intuitive
-I don't like level caps on loot (would rather it just didn't drop or there was an effectiveness hit.
-I feel like I'm forced to do a load of superfluous shit in between plot points, this is standard but it shouldn't *feel* like it's superfluous shit
-The level guides on quests makes me feel like I'm on rails too.

I don't hate it, I just don't love it. Its like a lot of little niggles that make it not fun.

What level are you?

It’s a weird one as it’s widely acclaimed as being one of the best games in its genre, yet there are a lot of bits that could be better. I still love it like.

What level are you?

It’s a weird one as it’s widely acclaimed as being one of the best games in its genre, yet there are a lot of bits that could be better. I still love it like.
Level 8 or 9. Maybe there's a hump I need to get over, I don't know

I can see why it's acclaimed, it's just not doing it for me. Skyrim is uglier, glitchier, with worse writing and shallow combat but I could play for what feels like an hour hour or two but its 3am and I have work in the morning.

Big tip.If anyone has cards to sell whatsoever, buy them. The quicker you build up your deck the easier the game becomes

Aye bought some more and steamrolled the Velen players - got some tactics I use but there is a slice of luck to a lot of games it seems.
Level 8 or 9. Maybe there's a hump I need to get over, I don't know

I can see why it's acclaimed, it's just not doing it for me. Skyrim is uglier, glitchier, with worse writing and shallow combat but I could play for what feels like an hour hour or two but its 3am and I have work in the morning.

I’m level 15 now like, played the main story and did a few contracts (give the most exp) till I got to about 10 or 11 and started enjoying it more.

At level 11 now, done the Bloody Baron's questline, just clearing up what I can around Velen now. Bought a better silver sword and have a couple K gold in my pocket. Just noticed an ability to boost my carry weight by 60 which will make things a bit more enjoyable at level 12.

I still don't have a handle on what is worth keeping when it comes to Junk and alchemy/crafting ingredients. Not sure what is worth breaking down either.

Played until about 1am this morning so it's growing on me.

Aye bought some more and steamrolled the Velen players - got some tactics I use but there is a slice of luck to a lot of games it seems.

I’m level 15 now like, played the main story and did a few contracts (give the most exp) till I got to about 10 or 11 and started enjoying it more.

I sunk 143 hours into it apparently. I haven't even started one of the DLC's.

It's f***ing massive.

I sunk 143 hours into it apparently. I haven't even started one of the DLC's.

It's f***ing massive.

My first full play through including DLC was 132 hours. Never got to a point where I thought I just wish it would finish like I did with most games

Pondering buying this for Switch, or getting Luigi's Mansion instead

Two completely different experiences there. Luigi is a fun puzzle game, and from what I can gather, will be quite short (unless you want to do all the collectables). I'm probably almost half way through Luigi after about 7 hours. Witcher holds up well on Switch by all accounts, so if you fancy some deep RPGing and bewbies, go for The Withcher. Want cute graphics and fun puzzles, then Luigi is your Huckleberry.

Just bought it after putting it off for years...

I did enjoy Skyrim, but didn't finish it as I got bored/too busy with life, same as previous elder scrolls. I have finished many open world games, fallout 3 and 4, all the Mass Effects, all the GTA's etc...

Hoping I will like this...

Here goes..

Started this on Switch last night. Gonna take some getting used to after playing Zelda for months, the UI seems nowhere near as friendly as Zelda does

Back