Wishing someone a nice day.

Am always flabbergasted when a bus driver is pleasant.

@Walter H. White says a lot have left the industry since contactless came in as there's less opportunity to twist and moan at random strangers about the 'right change'
I personally don’t care about people not having the correct change. It’s getting on with a £20 for £1.80 fare at half 6 in the morning that annoys me.

When it comes to thank yous, I say please and thankyou to everyone customer at work, and every person who provides a service for me in any setting. Whether that’s the woman working in greggs or the bloke serving me in a pub.

Winds me right up people who dinnit say thankyou. It’s so easy to do.

Always a ‘have a good day, take care to the delivery drivers. Unless it is late at night and then the poor sods have had a hard day already so it is just a cheers and thank you.

I'm always polite as it costs nothing but a few months back I got carried away and said to the old woman serving me " thanks... Love ya" 😳😳🙈😂 it made her smile anyway. Probably a smile while pressing a panic button under the counter I admit but a smile is a smile. 😂
I always say thanks love when my Mrs brings me a cup of tea. Unfortunately this then transferred to me saying it to anyone who gave me a cup of tea. Before WFH, I have been known to say thanks love to whoever is sat next to me in a meeting if they pass me a drink.

Usually a cheers or thanks and “have a good one” from me. I always notice if someone doesn’t - I suppose that’s a bit judgy from my end, but I was brought up with “good manners cost nothing, and yet they are priceless” so it’s drummed into my kids too

Most bus drivers dont deserve a nice day.

Miserable c.unts

Odd sound one among them like. Hope they have a nice day
More recently I absolutely agree with this. Absolute chip on their shoulder. I’ve had words a couple of times for the sheer attitude from them.

Went for a pint earlier through Shields. The barman asked how I was and after my response I asked “and you?” He seemed genuinely shocked to have been asked back and took a moment to say he was good too.

There’s a lot of people who have turned into arse holes and forgot basic manners/how to hold a conversation.

Last edited:

Back