Winter Tyres and Storage

I'm considering putting some winter tyres on the family truckster. I don't have a garage, so would struggle to store the summer tyres in winter and vice versa.

Do any tyre places offer storage of tyres in the off season, maybe if you buy your tyres from them in the first place?

Cheers.

Winter tyres are perfect for the temperatures you get in the NE for about 5 months of the year. Summer tyres don't grip well on cold roads, winter tyres give a lot more grip. Lots of people don't realise winter tyres aren't just meant for snow, they're made for average temperatures of 10C or lower. In Sunderland that would be November to April.

Would all-season tyres be a better solution for us? Winter on those, then the rest on normals?
We have a lot of 5C+ dry days in our winter, which isn't ideal for winter tyres IIRC.

Would all-season tyres be a better solution for us? Winter on those, then the rest on normals?
We have a lot of 5C+ dry days in our winter, which isn't ideal for winter tyres IIRC.
We also have a lot of wet and icy days.
I'm considering putting some winter tyres on the family truckster. I don't have a garage, so would struggle to store the summer tyres in winter and vice versa.

Do any tyre places offer storage of tyres in the off season, maybe if you buy your tyres from them in the first place?

Cheers.
I could store them for you, but it would mean a trip to Stockton.

This is what I did. Put some Michelin cross climates on and you'll be fine all year round.

We have just bought some new tyres and went for Michelin all season ones. I think that they’re also doing a cash back deal on them as well.

We also have a lot of wet and icy days.

I could store them for you, but it would mean a trip to Stockton.
Do you sell tyres? Cheers
Aye, you're out in the sticks Joe - but if you're in the town/city - no need, a waste of money IMHO.
Excellent sales spiel by the tyre industry will get some people into believing that they are a necessity. :rolleyes:
I live fairly rural on a hill that becomes impassable with the slightest dusting, I have two 4yo bairns and want to be as safe as I can.

Last edited:
Aye, you're out in the sticks Joe - but if you're in the town/city - no need, a waste of money IMHO.
Excellent sales spiel by the tyre industry will get some people into believing that they are a necessity. :rolleyes:
Saved my arse several times winter before last. I do at least 60 miles a day, and winter tyres make a hell of a difference in snow and ice.

Back