Winter Tyres and Storage

Another good video by tyre reviews comparing different types of tyres in different temperatures, wet and dry

Basically if it’s dry summer tyres are the best down to 0c and which point all seasons draw level with winters being worse.

Put any water on the road, like we seem to have most of the time, and the all seasons are the best below the 10c.

Winters win out only when there is snow/ ice on the ground.

I know it’s a boring subject but it’s nice to re-enforce the £600 I spent on cross climates was the right thing to do.

Another good video by tyre reviews comparing different types of tyres in different temperatures, wet and dry

Basically if it’s dry summer tyres are the best down to 0c and which point all seasons draw level with winters being worse.

Put any water on the road, like we seem to have most of the time, and the all seasons are the best below the 10c.

Winters win out only when there is snow/ ice on the ground.

I know it’s a boring subject but it’s nice to re-enforce the £600 I spent on cross climates was the right thing to do.
I think my next tyres will be all season. Just a shame I'll be putting them on in spring or early summer

I think my next tyres will be all season. Just a shame I'll be putting them on in spring or early summer

It’s made me think about getting summer tyres then putting the all seasons on for the winter. Full winters seem OTT for most of the UK according to that.

I never thought they were up to much until a few years ago when we had that snow storm (east anglia) I was stuck at 35 in a 4wd car and a knackered old bmw estate went flying past me in the snow covered outside lane.
Not really much call for them down here though

It’s made me think about getting summer tyres then putting the all seasons on for the winter. Full winters seem OTT for most of the UK according to that.
I was thinking that. Considering I've always just about managed on summer tyres in bad snow, I recon the improvement on all season would make a cracking difference. Most of the time its cold & wet in winter, like you said.

Nope, some prat taking chances in not driving accordingly to the surrounding weather conditions by the sounds of it.

that maybe true too, we'll never know. What we do know is that if they had the correct tyres and were doing it, it would be far less dangerous than if they were doing it on summer tyres.

Sorry to piss on the bad driver party, but the car was being driven well and safely. He just had much more grip than I on my fat summer tyres. No idiocy, just highlighting the difference in tyres in snowy conditions

Back