Winter Tyres and Storage

Is that before or after your tax return?

Before. I have a lot of outgoings ;)
The cheapest i can find for mine is some dogshit budget tyre at £110 each. The benefit of it been a winter tyre is probably lost by it being such a shit brand. The dearest for mine was a pirelli at £380 each.
I just had a look on ebay. Goodyear winter tyres and wheels for a Transit £517.36p, free delivery.

Last edited:

-17 with windchill earlier here,came out of the house and it was like being batted across the face with a baseball icicle,coldest I was ever in was -41 with windchill,that was a tad nippy.
Just a little bit of "Jack Frost" here in SR3. 😂
Don't think I'll be bothering with the snow chains just yet.;)

What car is it for and what size? Manufacturers don’t always make all tyres in all sizes.
Also, you don't actually have to replace EXAXTLY like for like. You can usually go at least one size up/down on width and the same on profile on the same wheels. And it'll make next to no difference on the speedo (there are sites to check it exactly)
If anyone is in any doubt.

People saying "just drive properly" are clearly talking shit here. The situations where you literally cannot do a single thing - yeah, winter tyres totally solve this.

Last edited:
Summer or all year round tyres have a temperature limit of about 7-9c. Below that and the rubber compound hardens, making them harder and less flexible.

Winter tyres have a different rubber compound that ensures the tyre stays more flexible under 7c and gives the car more grip. The tread pattern also differs to enable the tyre to disperse water at a faster rate.

The difference between the two is night and day, even in an average NE winter.
The cheapest i can find for mine is some dogshit budget tyre at £110 each. The benefit of it been a winter tyre is probably lost by it being such a shit brand. The dearest for mine was a pirelli at £380 each.

Camskill.

Last edited:
What car is it for and what size? Manufacturers don’t always make all tyres in all sizes.
They are 275 35 20, last time i needed tyres i got khumo's off alltyres 365, think they were about £120 each. I would probably consider putting those cross climates on next time i need to replace if i could find them.

They are 275 35 20, last time i needed tyres i got khumo's off alltyres 365, think they were about £120 each. I would probably consider putting those cross climates on next time i need to replace if i could find them.

according to Michelin your struggling. Car sizes are upto a 19" rim, SUV sizes go upto a 20" but the sidewall is 45 only

sizes are at the bottom of each of these pages.
MICHELIN CrossClimate + - Arm yourself for every weather condition
https://www.michelin.co.uk/auto/tyres/michelin-crossclimate-suv

I’ve just bought a car with a set of Michelin all climate and they certainly make a difference. Pity the cars a piece of shit

Thanks for that. You used these much mate ?? Ive never heard of them.

Half a dozen or so times and always for premium brand tyres, they’re only over in Cumbria too. I’ve found them unbeatable on price, better than the usual online places like Oponeo, blackcircles or etyres. Be careful with some of the other online places like tyreleader too, I bought four tyres for my wife’s Range Rover from them and when we went to fit them the dates on the tyre indicated they were three years old. We sent them back.

No hesitation in recommending Camskill.

Half a dozen or so times and always for premium brand tyres, they’re only over in Cumbria too. I’ve found them unbeatable on price, better than the usual online places like Oponeo, blackcircles or etyres. Be careful with some of the other online places like tyreleader too, I bought four tyres for my wife’s Range Rover from them and when we went to fit them the dates on the tyre indicated they were three years old. We sent them back.

No hesitation in recommending Camskill.

We've nokian on both ours what they telling you to use?

We've nokian on both ours what they telling you to use?

I always stick with the manufacturers original tyres for that model. Hers came with Continental Cross Contact LX so when the time came, I just bought the same again. There’s nothing more precious that your missus and kids, so car tyres are something I never ever fanny about with.

Heard Nokian are very good though. If they’re good enough for the Finnish lads...
Pointless
we hardly ever get snow

Not exclusively about snow tbh. It’s about temperature and how the rubber compounds react.

Last edited:

Back