Winter Tyres and Storage

Michelin Pilot SuperSports fulfil my needs adequately.

This. Any tyre in this bracket with a skid rating of 'A' will suffice. Half the battle with this issue is, when someone's tyre gans pop, they put a budget on. All budget's have the worst skid ratings

Not in the snow it isn’t.

You should get a few tins of food in the cupboard for a period of heavy snow
People aren't filling the roads going to get beans man .Loads of non essential journeys get sidelined when the snow lands ,a trip to Dalton park or whatever.People are getting to work for the most part or doing work .Loads of peoples work involves being on the road

This. Any tyre in this bracket with a skid rating of 'A' will suffice. Half the battle with this issue is, when someone's tyre gans pop, they put a budget on. All budget's have the worst skid ratings
No such thing as skid rating it's wet grip rating.
Anyone who says winter tyres are a waste of time has never used them or has never tried to get a wide wheeled summer tyred car up even the slightest of inclines when there's snow on the road.

No such thing as skid rating it's wet grip rating.
Anyone who says winter tyres are a waste of time has never used them or has never tried to get a wide wheeled summer tyred car up even the slightest of inclines when there's snow on the road.

you knew exactly what I meant :lol::lol::lol:

Knock Knock.
………………………………………………………………………….

Sums up nicely.
Have winters on my disco 4
Will need to get them on the jag as tyres are f***ing wide as owt.
The local garage stores them for free to answer OP

Not sure I could justify spending £1000 - £1500 on 4 tyres for 4 or 5 months of the year. I only do about 75 mile a week. I keep the crazy driving for the dry summer roads and drive very carefully in the winter.

It cost me £450 for 4 brand new wheels fitted with new winter tyres for my Transit about 5 years ago. I sold the wheels and tyres for about £200 when I scrapped the Transit. £1,500 for 4 tyres!!!!!!!

Not sure I could justify spending £1000 - £1500 on 4 tyres for 4 or 5 months of the year. I only do about 75 mile a week. I keep the crazy driving for the dry summer roads and drive very carefully in the winter.

This is true, but it also means your summer tyres will last a lot longer since they are doing less miles, that evens out the cost.

Never hear anybody so much as mention winter tyres outside of this forum like.

it's one of those things, you don't need them until you need them. It's currently about 5c outside. That is about the range where winter tyres will give you more grip but it'll only really be noticeable if you are taking the car to the edge of losing grip which 99.9% aren't, therefore the idea of spending hundreds of pounds on them seems daft. When they come into their own is when we get ice and snow, it maybe only for 1-week per year but if you've got summer tyres on for that week then you run the risk of getting stuck or worse sliding into someone else.

Knock Knock.
………………………………………………………………………….

😂
Set in Sweden on packed snow in freezing conditions where it is the law to fit winter tyres from 1st December to the end of March.
And where you must have a tread of 3mm or more.

I cannot remember such conditions in the town, and driving around Sunderland for a good while.
Our wonderful Council always has the gritters our well in advance of any bad weather warnings.

When we had the "Beast from the East" - we were well warned, and told only to go out and drive if your journey was necessary.
I for one did not drive, as I did not have a journey that I deemed important enough.

Back