Winter Tyres and Storage

It’s a load of bollocks I reckon. I drive to Consett every day, where it’s usually a couple of degrees colder than down here and I’ve never required “extra grip”. Even during the massive snowstorms a couple of years ago I got in while people from Consett with winter tyres on didn’t make it.

You are though

Depends on your car though. I've had them on beemers but never needed them on front-wheel drive cars.

Read the previous posts mate. Its been explained several times.
People are saying it makes a massive difference, but I can’t say I notice any decrease in braking/handling in the cold months. Unless we are taking snow/ice of course and I personally love driving in that anyway.
Depends on your car though. I've had them on beemers but never needed them on front-wheel drive cars.
Yes, this might be a thing.

Winter tyres are perfect for the temperatures you get in the NE for about 5 months of the year. Summer tyres don't grip well on cold roads, winter tyres give a lot more grip. Lots of people don't realise winter tyres aren't just meant for snow, they're made for average temperatures of 10C or lower. In Sunderland that would be November to October.
Tidied

Winter tyres are perfect for the temperatures you get in the NE for about 5 months of the year. Summer tyres don't grip well on cold roads, winter tyres give a lot more grip. Lots of people don't realise winter tyres aren't just meant for snow, they're made for average temperatures of 10C or lower. In Sunderland that would be November to April.
Michelin Pilot SuperSports fulfil my needs adequately.

People popping to the shops and making school runs etc, use online shopping and public transport/go on foot
It's not Siberia man.Even those lot get out and about and laugh at our efforts . The majority of journeys are necessary ,the school run is an argument for another time .

Fancy trying to improve your's and others safety by increasing traction and reducing stopping distance. Crazy fucker.

Ignore the driving hard men. They obviously haven't experienced winter tyres or if they have they don't know their arse from their elbow.
it's always the ones who have never used them. First used them when I lived in Consett and they're absolute night and day the difference they make.

It's not Siberia man.Even those lot get out and about and laugh at our efforts . The majority of journeys are necessary ,the school run is an argument for another time .
Not in the snow it isn’t.

You should get a few tins of food in the cupboard for a period of heavy snow

Anyone here have Michelin CrossClimate tyres?

I have them on my XC60, there wasn't anything that troubled them last year and after watching a video of a A3 going up a 20% incline that was covered in snow I am not worried about them struggling in anything we get around here.

Back