Winter camping in the lakes

I was just thinking itsno fun sitting in a van because it’s freezing outside. Maybe for adults but not for kids. You have a caravan you will know that.
Think of the kids man!!!!!:lol:
My daughter loves it. Are you saying you don't leave the house when it's cold outside? Odd.

It a great time to be in the lakes , was over in the van in October , went for a walk in the hills High Raise it was 4hrs before I saw any one.

Worst thing we found about the camper van in wet/ cold weather is the wet clothes. Unless you have a facility to dry or store wet stuff it just makes the trip demoralising. We went round Scotland 10 yrs ago to find snow. Great experience but wet waterproofs and wellies in the van wasn’t fun

Worst thing we found about the camper van in wet/ cold weather is the wet clothes. Unless you have a facility to dry or store wet stuff it just makes the trip demoralising. We went round Scotland 10 yrs ago to find snow. Great experience but wet waterproofs and wellies in the van wasn’t fun
Awnings?

My daughter loves it. Are you saying you don't leave the house when it's cold outside? Odd.
I’m a roofer and my hobby is fishing so yeah I leave the house when it’s cold everyday. Then sometimes on a night. My mother lives in a caravan fulltime. So I know a bit about cold weather and being outside in it.
Not even gonna mention being ex services. And I know it’s not nice being in a caravan or tent when it’s cold.

I tell you whats odd though. Asking a question presuming you know the answer and answering it in the same post mind.

I’m a roofer and my hobby is fishing so yeah I leave the house when it’s cold everyday. Then sometimes on a night. My mother lives in a caravan fulltime. So I know a bit about cold weather and being outside in it.
Not even gonna mention being ex services. And I know it’s not nice being in a caravan or tent when it’s cold.

I tell you whats odd though. Asking a question presuming you know the answer and answering it in the same post mind.
:lol:

So first you say it'll be cold in a caravan, I tell you then that I can get a 35 degree difference, so then you drop that and have a go at it being unpleasant to go out in. I point out that that's a daft as saying you wouldn't go out in winter. I go caravanning in winter, I really like it. You stick to nights out in Seaburn, that's fine.

Thinking of taking the campervan, ant the Mrs and kids, over the lakes at half term for an few days. So hoping to go on the Saturday after the Accrington game, then back in time on Tuesday for Gillingaham. Has anyone been camping that time of year over there and can recommend a decent site, or tips?
not sure when half term is mate, but South Lakes Zoo is free admission every Friday til middle of February if you end up nearby.

:lol:

So first you say it'll be cold in a caravan, I tell you then that I can get a 35 degree difference, so then you drop that and have a go at it being unpleasant to go out in. I point out that that's a daft as saying you wouldn't go out in winter. I go caravanning in winter, I really like it. You stick to nights out in Seaburn, that's fine.
There was nothing in my original post about your caravan. I didn’t even know about your caravan.
My post was to the op who as a camper van. I suggested an alternative that’s all mate. Stop being silly.

I used to prefer wild camping in the winter than the summer. Much more enjoyable and picturesque

You not do it anymore mate? I didn’t get out last year to do any but hoping to this year.

I wouldn’t take kids camping in winter. Days are too short, weather is too cold.

Back