Winter camping in the lakes

spoony

Striker
Thinking of taking the campervan, ant the Mrs and kids, over the lakes at half term for an few days. So hoping to go on the Saturday after the Accrington game, then back in time on Tuesday for Gillingaham. Has anyone been camping that time of year over there and can recommend a decent site, or tips?

Thinking of taking the campervan, ant the Mrs and kids, over the lakes at half term for an few days. So hoping to go on the Saturday after the Accrington game, then back in time on Tuesday for Gillingaham. Has anyone been camping that time of year over there and can recommend a decent site, or tips?
It all sounds nice mate but honestly I think the only good thing about camping with young kids is the weather. No fun in the cold and wet trying to find something to do.
Anar this sounds daft but I remember about 6 year ago I got a 2 night freebie at any Marriott for me and the family. Ended up going to the seaburn one!!! About 250 yards away from where our house was I was busy with work and rather it go to waste I used it. But we really enjoyed it. Out little adventure, Mind wouldn’t like to think I had to pay for 2 or 3 nights myself. Nipped home to open and close curtains. :lol:

A lot of places are closed for the winter break at present, while the close season is short these days we're in the middle of it right now.

It all sounds nice mate but honestly I think the only good thing about camping with young kids is the weather. No fun in the cold and wet trying to find something to do.
Anar this sounds daft but I remember about 6 year ago I got a 2 night freebie at any Marriott for me and the family. Ended up going to the seaburn one!!! About 250 yards away from where our house was I was busy with work and rather it go to waste I used it. But we really enjoyed it. Out little adventure, Mind wouldn’t like to think I had to pay for 2 or 3 nights myself. Nipped home to open and close curtains. :lol:
So what are you saying, he should sack camping off and go to a seafront hotel in Sunderland?

Not sure if Ant is available mate. He's back recording Britains Got Talent

My caravan can achieve a thirty five degree difference from outside to inside. Warm as bloody toast man :D
I was just thinking itsno fun sitting in a van because it’s freezing outside. Maybe for adults but not for kids. You have a caravan you will know that.
Think of the kids man!!!!!:lol:

Back