Winston Churchill's statue vandalised

Sharpshooter

Midfield
Saw this trending on twitter. Statue was defaced today during the BLM protests. Police are now having to guard it.

As you can see from the comments underneath Churchill remains a divisive figure. Millennials and younger people generally have a much much more negative view of them than the older generation.

I'd say over the course of the upcoming decades Churchill's imagery will gradually be removed from society as millennials seize power, i.e. banknotes, statues removed etc.

Last edited:

Saw this trending on twitter. Statue was defaced today during the BLM protests. Police are now having to guard it.

As you can see from the comments underneath Churchill remains a divisive figure. Millennials and younger people generally have a much much more negative view of them than the older generation.

I'd say over the course of the upcoming decades Churchill's imagery will gradually be removed from society as millennials seize power, i.e. banknotes, statues removed etc.
What's negative about him stopping us getting into nazi hands where there would have been no such thing as free speech and freedom to express race or sexuality.
I despair at some people.

He was a terrible politician, and awful for the North East. He was however, a great war leader and the scroates defacing it should be strung up.

Back