Winning ugly

In my 20s me n my mates sat night game when clubbing was called win ugly... Whoever danced with the ugliest women everyone had to give him £1 ... One night I went out with my future wife.. Whilst dancing with they her they started coming over and giving me a quid... My beer googles have lasted 35 years...

Mostly young league 1 players?

McLaughlin - 32 - Full International
Burge - 26
McLaughlin - 28 - Full International
O'Nien - 24
Ozturk - 26
Flanagan - 27 - Full International
Willis - 25
Hume - 21
De Bock - 26
Gooch - 23 - full international
Leadbitter - 33
Power - 26
McGeouch - Full International
Dobson - 21
McGeady - 33 - Full international
Maguire - 30 - Full International
Embleton - 20
Grigg - 28 - Full International
Wyke - 26
McNulty - 27 - Full International

So we have 4 players under the age of 24. One has played regualry in the premier league and championship and has played for his country at ages where he was less developed than he is now. One has made two appearances all season (one as a 10 min sub). And another that's playing because we gave away all our other left backs and signed an injured one. And Dobson who looks decent.

Full internationals that have all spent most of their time in league 1 or Scottish leagues which are very similar in quality......Being a full international for Northern Ireland, Scotland, America etc is hardly a sign of greatness.

As most have said on here (and I agree), if we go up then Im not sure many of the players we have will cope with the Championship unless we bring in some real quality to help them out. We are undoubtedly a league 1 team in terms of quality.

Full internationals that have all spent most of their time in league 1 or Scottish leagues which are very similar in quality......Being a full international for Northern Ireland, Scotland, America etc is hardly a sign of greatness.

As most have said on here (and I agree), if we go up then Im not sure many of the players we have will cope with the Championship unless we bring in some real quality to help them out. We are undoubtedly a league 1 team in terms of quality.

The main point is that the vast majority of the squad aren't naive little children like you suggest.

Oh, and you realise 'league 1 quality' has various degrees of ability opposed to every player in the league having the exact same ability just because they are in league 1?

For example Aguero is premier league quality. Does that mean Dwight Gayle is just as good as him because he's also premier league quality?

Back