Winds of Winter

• Thread starter Deleted member 34491
  • Start date

He promised that over a decade ago :lol:

The first one came out in ‘91 apparently and as he’s taking an average of 6 years per book he’d be 82 when the last one comes out.
Book 1 to book 2 was a 2 year gap.
Between 2 & 3 2 years
Then 5 and 6 years. This gap to book 6 will be at least 8 years.

I reckon winds of winter is actually going to be the last one and that he’s currently just rewriting loads of it so he can be done with the series when it’s out.
The blerk probably wants enjoy his last few years without people constantly asking when the next book is coming out :lol:

He’s probably a victim of the TV show tbh. I haven’t read any of the books and don’t want to. Not do I give a toss when the next book is out because the show is so superb it’s enough for me. I imagine many feel the same.

I reckon winds of winter is actually going to be the last one and that he’s currently just rewriting loads of it so he can be done with the series when it’s out.
The blerk probably wants enjoy his last few years without people constantly asking when the next book is coming out :lol:
It'll take more than one book to finish it. There's still loads of ends to tie up.

Because of the TV show, when it comes out it will probably be one of the best sellers of all time tbf. I can see it rivaling the latter stages of Potter-Mania.
I don't think it's Harry Potter levels of popular, the books are a hard read for the casual reader especially FOC and DWD. It will obviously sell very well though. The TV show will be long done by the time the last book comes out and there will be loads of TV show only fans who will not have read all the books. I hope he is preparing an overview of the conclusion so another trusted writer can finish it if he dies.

He didn't really.
He was quite involved I always had the impression.

Back