1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windrush deportations(?)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by West_Winger, Apr 16, 2018 at 8:01 PM.

1. West_Winger

West_Winger Full Back

Not only does the home Office claim not to know whether anyone has been ‘deported in error’ but they’ve handily given some guidance to those who, despite having been born here are being threatened with deportation.

“Try to be Jamaican” is my particular favourite although “Use local accents” is another great idea.

[​IMG]

As if that wasn’t enough, the book they’ve given those about to be deported from the country they were born and brought up in is called “Coming Home to Jamaica”

https://assets.publishing.service.g...ment_data/file/479438/Coming_Home_Booklet.pdf

I didn’t think it was possible for me to hate the Tories more yet they keep coming up with the goods.

2. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Full Back

3. Amber Rudd has just said it's terrible and wrong that the Home Office is doing this.

Is she not aware that's she's in charge of the Home Office? The stupid fucking snotgoblin

4. Jardin

Jardin Winger

Watching stuff on this at the minute. Can not comprehend they’ve been actually doing this and seem happy to admit it.

redgauntlet and Monty's Double like this.
  5. West_Winger

West_Winger Full Back

I know - the problem is that some people will see her saying that and think she’s a good person and won’t realise she’s running the fucking department doing it.

6. r@mside

r@mside Winger

I suppose it needs to be compared with previous assistance for deportees. Must admit, it seems incredible to pack people off with just a booklet to help the re-settle.

7. West_Winger

West_Winger Full Back

Why should we be deporting them in the first place?

redgauntlet likes this.
  8. Jardin

Jardin Winger

Not just the advice, but they seem happy to admit they’ve been over-targeting people and applying rules in a blanket fashion with no regard for whether the person should really be being deported. I’d have assumed they didn’t know or these people shouldn’t have been here but the message I’m getting is they probably should still be here but we deported them anyway.

r@mside likes this.
  9. r@mside

r@mside Winger

No idea mate. I was presuming they were justified.

10. Occam's Razor

Occam's Razor Striker

This is a fucking disgrace. A properly disgusting way of treating people. It shouldn't be forgotten that Theresa May started all this when she was Home Secretary.

11. TK-421

TK-421 Midfield

Absolutely disgraceful. Why does this country insist on doing the exact opposite of what it should do on almost everything to do with immigration?

redgauntlet, Slim999, Tadger and 5 others like this.
  12. West_Winger

West_Winger Full Back

Nope. Their grandparents came over between 1948-1971 as part of a wave of immigration to help Britain rebuild after the war. They were granted indefinite leave to remain in 1971.

Now their descendants are being threatened with deportation because there are no official papers proving their nationality because the government didn’t issue any paperwork in ‘71 and because Theresa May as Home Secretary in 2014 removed their legal rights.

13. r@mside

r@mside Winger

I've read a few individual cases, didn't realise it was widescale. Agree with your sentiments, heartless attitude from the government.

West_Winger likes this.
  14. West_Winger

West_Winger Full Back

The worst of it are the suddenly righteous wanker Tories trying to make out as though they’re doing the right thing by saying this is wrong despite the fact they voted into law the legislation that’s caused this.

15. Frijj

Frijj Striker

I don’t mean to sound all UKIP, but...

I wonder how many foreign criminals have been allowed to settle here on human rights grounds, whilst these innocent folk are being threatened with deportation.

16. Hoon

Hoon Midfield

Keeps a portion of their supporter base onside. Let’s other migrants (never refer to them as people), legal or illegal, know they’ll be severely punished if necessary. Annoys the left, very important.

A quick apology and it’s yesterdays news. No damage done.

Pancho likes this.
  17. Randy Ostrich

Randy Ostrich Striker

Because politicians think its a vote winner. And sadly, it is.

18. May likes here slogans. 'Moral and legal' is the buzz phrase for Syria. Wonder if she'll apply it to this...

Its astounding that no-one at the Home Office checked that these deportations were correct. How many opportunities must they have had? And the Home Secretary says it is disgraceful and an error?

Not one for calling for politicians to resign their posts at every opportunity but Home Secretaries have gone for less than this scandal.

19. rickopooly

rickopooly Winger

Jeeezus H Christ... are those genuine!!

This isn’t. No way!!!

shepherd88 likes this.
  20. Narraback

Narraback Winger

Surely it isn't? Maybe 30 years ago but not today :confused:

It seems some of them had their indefinite leave to remain stamps put on their parents passports and now their parents are dead there's no 'proof' of their residency. Surely if someone's been here 50 fucking years without any bother we can find a way around this?

Inkman, Arkle, KarenDent and 2 others like this.