windows7 - importing photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I connect camera on Windows7 it doesn't give me any chance to choose which photos I want to put on the computer. So if I have 95 photos on the camera but only want to put 5 on the computer it doesn't let me it goes straight into putting all 95 on the computer.

With XP, all the photos show, then you just check the photos you want on the pc, then the five (say) you want, get put on computer.

Any thoughts, (sensible ones please).

Start -> Control Panel -> AutoPlay -> Pictures -> change to what you want to do (open the software you use to copy the files / Import Pictures using windows)

Last edited by a moderator:
I let it import all first time with a card and split it into relevant shoots myself, then subsequent shoots it only imports new photos.
I import to a folder named after the subject, place or whatever with the date shot. Makes it easier to find stuff later.
Im now at the stage of importing every time Ive used the camera to save moving and creating new folders.

I let it import all first time with a card and split it into relevant shoots myself, then subsequent shoots it only imports new photos.
I import to a folder named after the subject, place or whatever with the date shot. Makes it easier to find stuff later.
Im now at the stage of importing every time Ive used the camera to save moving and creating new folders.

bloody hell. I'd lose everything :lol:

All of mine gets hoyed into a lightroom folder organised by date, then organised by keyword etc in LR. All in one folder so I can back it up (in multiple locations)

bloody hell. I'd lose everything :lol:

All of mine gets hoyed into a lightroom folder organised by date, then organised by keyword etc in LR. All in one folder so I can back it up (in multiple locations)

Its all multiple folders in one folder, all backed up on a nas drive and another pc just incase lightening strikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back