Windows plus Roofs

😁

I opened the door and he said "hello flower, is your Mammy in?" I was shocked and just said "pardon?" Then he said "get your coat, pet. You've pulled! How about you and me go dancing?" I said no. Then he started the kitchens and bathroom patter, so I interrupted and said I'm not interested. He said "awww a bonny lass like you deserves a decent kitchen to work in. Ask your fella and I'm sure he'll let you have one!" So I shut the door in his face.
You've a good memory pet, how did you remember all of that witty banter? :)

😁

I opened the door and he said "hello flower, is your Mammy in?" I was shocked and just said "pardon?" Then he said "get your coat, pet. You've pulled! How about you and me go dancing?" I said no. Then he started the kitchens and bathroom patter, so I interrupted and said I'm not interested. He said "awww a bonny lass like you deserves a decent kitchen to work in. Ask your fella and I'm sure he'll let you have one!" So I shut the door in his face.

Guarantee he gets on here.

Anyone had any experience with this company. They are doing door knocks in the area and I do want new windows next year so agreed to a free quote, just wondering how pushy the measuring or sales blokes are.

Safe Seal ( Northeast), get them in. Done my full house, MLF too!

Anyone had any experience with this company. They are doing door knocks in the area and I do want new windows next year so agreed to a free quote, just wondering how pushy the measuring or sales blokes are.

I'm not going to bad mouth them but Google their reviews....

😁

Was this him?
Logon or register to see this image

Unless it's a start up business, I probably wouldn't put any faith in anyone, knocking on my door selling a product.

I'm of the opinion that if the business is established, reputable and good at what they do, word of mouth wins them business, they don't need to be knocking on doors.

Others won't agree, I'm sure, but just my take on it.

Sound great and I’m sure it’s a great sign that they need to go knocking on doors for business
I’d give my left testicle for someone, anyone, to speak as sweetly to me.
Y’alreet doll face

Last edited:
😁

Come on man pet, give the poor partially sighted lad a break.

I’ll get me coat, I’ve been custard pied

If they’re having to knock on doors I’d give them a miss. If they’re paying people to do that, and they’re paying for professional geordies on adverts, they’ll be passing part of that onto your quote.

Stick with word of mouth on that kind of thing.

If its those with that belle d Tim healy doing the adverts, then I'd avoid.
Got them to come and give me a quote on replacing the conservatory roof. Except when the bloke came he wouldn't just measure up and provide a quote for what we wanted without being able to "give a presentation" to me and the Mrs, who was at work when he came. He was also trying to talk me into getting new windows and doors at the same time. All I wanted was a quote for the roof which I never got.
Knobheads and a complete waste of time

People obviously wouldn’t ever realise that they actually needed a new window, roof, kitchen or bathroom and thus wouldn’t ever seek out a company to install one, so it’s handy when someone knocks on your door to let you know.

I’m f***ing starving and freezing but I’m not sure I need clothes or food. I just hope somebody comes to the door to tell me.

If its those with that belle d Tim healy doing the adverts, then I'd avoid.
Got them to come and give me a quote on replacing the conservatory roof. Except when the bloke came he wouldn't just measure up and provide a quote for what we wanted without being able to "give a presentation" to me and the Mrs, who was at work when he came. He was also trying to talk me into getting new windows and doors at the same time. All I wanted was a quote for the roof which I never got.
Knobheads and a complete waste of time

rule number one is listen to your customers.

put a good price in , get and do a good job , that then opens the doors to extras pardon the pun.

i had them in for a qoute, typical salesperson loves own voice scenario. the usual "so how much do you think it will be?"
Then the standard it's £14k but if you sign right now i'll do it for £9k.

i signed up but changed my mind and called them to cancel, had a right fk on getting past the receptionist and they were rude as fk on the phone when i eventually got to speak to someone.

so, just your normal old school sales wankers really

Back