Windows & Office

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
An example of Classic Shell goodness: One of the things I hated about Windows 7 is when you have a folder open with many items in it and you want to delete all items except one or two. In XP you could select the ones you want to keep, then click "invert selection" and then hit delete. In Windows 7 you had to individually select all the items you wanted to delete as there was no "invert selection" option. Classic Shell restores the "invert selection" option. Has this functionality been restored in Windows 10?

Dunno if you know but you can select all (Ctrl + A) then click each item you want to unselect (keeping Ctrl pressed down). Then right click and select delete to only remove those selected.

It’s funny, Apple have steadfastly refused to put a touch screen on a MacBook and therefore have not designed MacOS for it, saying touch on a laptop isn’t user friendly, instead they put huge trackpads on them. When most reviewers get theirs hands on them they moan at the lack of touch screen, but judging from this thread they are right people just don’t use it. I know I certainly don’t on my work XPS.

cannot beat a wireless Mouse with a wheel

I agree about mousepads but I’ve had some faffing about with wireless mouses - not so much a wireless keyboard - so I gave up and went with the old wired Variety.

But I also have the same problem with wireless speakers. I get sick of reconnecting and checking and re-pairing and I eventually just stick a lead in. Then I get used to not having to bugger about and I never go back.

Technology is great, when it works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back