Windows 7 end of life

For anyone wanting Windows 10 for free and have a genuine previous version and want to upgrade, just download the 'Windows 10 Media Creation Tool' first on the Microsoft web site and follow the simple instructions. (Microsoft keep quiet about this way to still get Windows 10 free the sneaky little tinkers)
lol, it was literally the next post down :lol:
Where in working now still have two machines running 3.2 for some old Legacy software.... crackers :lol:
3.2?? Fuck me, you win! :lol:
Imagine using an OS where anti virus is mandatory :lol:
Windows is insecure in its very nature, it'll never be secure unless they re-write the whole thing from top to bottom.
Windows is meant to be open and available for anyone to use - unlike the likes of IOS or Chromebooks.

Its not a bad thing. Its just a different solution.
how old are your machines?! I couldn't get a new dell to install on LTSC 1607 nevermind get it on win7. Intel dropped win7 support on any processor released in the last 3 years.
The XP ones are running Core 2 Duos, if that helps ;)

Last edited:

I thought 3.2 was only released for the Chinese market? It was basically 3.1 with updates for Chinese language. Never really saw a lot of it over here.

It's a bit before my time tbh I remember having it on my first ever PC before Windows 95.

Was shocked when boss told me they still had two machines running on it. This is a massive company I'm working for as well household name crackers!

What was? I'm a bit lost here? :lol:
I replied to someone with the same point, then went back to the thread, and your post was the very next one - and you put it much better than I did :D
It's a bit before my time tbh I remember having it on my first ever PC before Windows 95.

Was shocked when boss told me they still had two machines running on it. This is a massive company I'm working for as well household name crackers!
Going back to my early IT days, around 2005, there was a Win3 PC running an entire distillary on an island in Scotland, pretty much on its own - no backup, no spares, no support.

They called us one day because it stopped working. Fun times!
so 12+ years old. The first i7s came out in 2008. I know business saves money where it can but surely they can't be productive in any way.
They are, and I know people exagerrate about bad IT all the time - but trust me, absolutely horrific.

They should have been replaced about 2 years ago, but the project is a little(!) delayed. In fairness, I can't say why (security) but its not an easy environment to develop solutions in.

Last edited:
I replied to someone with the same point, then went back to the thread, and your post was the very next one - and you put it much better than I did :D

Going back to my early IT days, around 2005, there was a Win3 PC running an entire distillary on an island in Scotland, pretty much on its own - no backup, no spares, no support.

They called us one day because it stopped working. Fun times!
Oh aye, read your post and now it makes sense. :lol:

Out of interest what are you lot using for managing the desktop fleet these days? With modern management there's more scope to move away from SDDC to other providers who can incorporate your entire digital workspace fleet including phones, tablets, IoT devices etc. across a range of platforms such as Android, ChromeOS, iOS ...

we’re looking at VMware Horizon. It blurs all the lines like. :lol:
Edit: along with their Workspace One

Last edited:
My first machine had 1Mb ram, 20Mb Hard drive running windows 3.1.Gannin back a while now though, just gonna have to bite the bullet and upgrade my Win 7 32bit PC to Win 10 64bit using tunstall birdman's method.Take about 1 week of preparation at least, just to source hardware drivers and software.Can you use old dodgy apps on win10? Photoshop, Office etc.

Back