Windows 10 install size

HABA87

Striker
Taking up 20gb of a 32gb SSD on a computer I'm looking at currently. :eek:

I've checked for old versions of Windows hanging around on the same machine and nothing there.

Any advice apart from FTF?

Taking up 20gb of a 32gb SSD on a computer I'm looking at currently. :eek:

I've checked for old versions of Windows hanging around on the same machine and nothing there.

Any advice apart from FTF?
It’ll be all the patches I reckon. Download treesizer and see which folders are massive. If it’s one of those dell jobs with the tiny built in ssd you’re gonna need to shell out some wedge.

there was recently a pretty big windows update.

1903 iirc

Because it was a large update they create a back upvers of your old install incase things go wrong, in your C drive there will be a folder called windows.old or something along those lines.

I've got a laptop that has about 120gb. Not enough for. What I needed. Got a 1tb internal SSD and a caddy that slots into the DVD drive. Cost about £40 on Amazon for the drive and the caddy.

Make sure you get the correct width caddy though, there's two sizes.

Cheers all.

It's not mine and still within the return period so going back tomorrow.
I was asked to have a neb, god knows why. Just wondering if I was missing anything obvious. Ta.

While we are here. Bought the bairn a new gaming PC, decided not to get windows in the package and install a dodgy one. Which keeps asking me to update it. Anyway, do I even need windows? I know not much

Sounds like one of those horrible cheapo laptops like the hp stream that had 32gb flash memory as a hdd.

20gb Windows folder sounds about right to me .

Back