Windows 10 Creators Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not used it but looks as if they're adding some gimmicky 3d shite and decent VR support - so in answer to your question probably not.

It's going to be forced on everyone anyway.

Last edited:
Reading through the feature list; the good stuff is nicked from other companies.

The blue-light reduction on a night is a nice touch, but just about every other mainstream OS has been doing this for years
'Beam' is just a MS version of twitch
Game boost modes have been done by 3rd party apps for as long as I can remember
Built in broadcasting; just taken from XBox

I suppose they're all nice things to have but they're not setting the world alight here.

Not used it but looks as if they're adding some gimmicky 3d shite and decent VR support - so in answer to your question probably not.

It's going to be forced on everyone anyway.

How?

Turn off updates for Win10. I found so many of them fail and the machine decides itself when to install usually at a very inconvenient time. I've turned off all Windows 10 updates. If I get a problem I'll turn them back on.

Search for Services and run it. Scroll down to Windows Update - Change to Disable

How?

Turn off updates for Win10. I found so many of them fail and the machine decides itself when to install usually at a very inconvenient time. I've turned off all Windows 10 updates. If I get a problem I'll turn them back on.

Search for Services and run it. Scroll down to Windows Update - Change to Disable
:lol: Enjoy your malware infections

How?
I was mighty pissed off when I left my surface for a few hours, and came back to find it had completely rebooted with zero warnings. I've since changed a bunch of settings to ensure that never happens again.

Anyone know what the game mode does? My CPU doesn't seem to be in 100% mode very often when running Civ5, which surprised me.

This release system they've got now does my head in. I just downloaded the latest ISO and cumulative updates to date. The idea being that I want to replace the bug ridden junk on my laptop, which is a developer preview from last October. But the new one has a build number that's 600 less than the old one. So I don't know what to do except write them a letter saying "Bring back yearly service packs and do your own f'in alpha testing you wankers".

Reactions: PTR
As of last night W10 Anniversary has locked me out of all my files. Looks like I'll be needing to spend some time in the Registry to be able to access them again. Grrrr.

I don't know which I'm more teed off with, Microsoft or Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back