Winding back time.

the only thing i would change are things i said (or didn't) to my parents.
i'm 50 now, lost my dad when i was 18 and my mam a few years ago. being an adult orphan is a strange feeling and one i struggle with at times tbh.
other than this there's absolutely nothing i would change.

Have you seen the movie "Frequency" ?

I would have shagged that lass on Xmas Day 2002.
Must resist the temptation to make a Mam joke.

Jesus , it's a scary thought . The thing is I would be an old man in a young body, disinterested in my contemporaries for their nieve stupidity probably and seen as overconfident by my elders . I could always hide my experience but would I be happy ?? Don't know.
Way to deep that man

I would love to go back and change whatever needed changing to prevent me from becoming a jaded, conforming, grumpy old twat.

If you could wind back time, would you do it?

As an adult with life experiences, are there many things you would tell your younger self to do differently from how you did it then?

Would you like to have your time again, armed with your experience of life so far? I would!!
100%
I’d win the pools and live a less cautious looking life

I’d probably just go back 2 years and tell myself not to believe what the Recruitment agent was about to tell me about what ended up being my current job.

I thought the higher salary and lack of commute (with £200 a month travel saving) would make up for not getting a Tuesday off with the kids because I’d get home earlier, but the reality is that it’s much more stress, longer hours and no flexitime so in reality I’m £200 a month better off from travel and about another £150 from the salary increase but with worse work/life balance. It’s also incredibly difficult to get back into the sector that I left.

I would go back to 1988 and located Diane Warren. I would say "Look, there's no point in writing this song for Cher that you're in the middle of because 1. It's shite and 2. The lyric is redundant as I CAN turn back time and here I am to prove it."

Back