Winding back time.

It would be an interesting exercise but no guarantee that any alternative paths I followed would not result in different mistakes. I have managed to survive into old age, would that be the same result? Maybe not. It is my younger adult years I would probably want to change but that could lead me away from what I have now and I wouldn't want that. Also some of the paths that I followed when I was younger were just fine. So overall I wouldn't want to change the general flow of life but there are certain individual experiences and events I would change. Like in those science fiction movies such as Retroactive, I'd probably fuck things up to be even worse no matter how many times I tried.

Last edited:
If you could wind back time, would you do it?

As an adult with life experiences, are there many things you would tell your younger self to do differently from how you did it then?

Would you like to have your time again, armed with your experience of life so far? I would!!

Strangely, I have been thinking about this just this week. Yes, I'd love to do things differently, but only if it meant I still had my kids, so paradox theory states it wouldn't work as I want.

I do wish I could have implanted my current brain into my head as a teenager. I'd like to think I'd be a millionaire by now.

I made 2 errors of judgement within months of each other. One a property, one a career move. I'd give myself a slap in the chops over both, but sliding doors and all that, I'm actually happy with my lot.

As an adult with life experiences, are there many things you would tell your younger self to do differently from how you did it then?

Would you like to have your time again, armed with your experience of life so far? I would!!
I would have shagged that lass on Xmas Day 2002.

Keep off the drink.
Get the hell out of this country ASAP!

Back