Windermere

There in Bowness now. Passenger ferry to Ferry house and walk up the west of the lake to Wray Castle. About 4 miles. Then have options to go on walk to Hawkshead 3 miles or Ambleside. (Possibly foot ferry to Ambleside) and main ferry to Bowness.

If you're near Wray Castle pop into the Drunken Duck. For veggies the former bacon butty place at Skelwith Bridge is now vegetarian. The cakes are delicious.

Going to ambleside for a few days tomorrow so will report back

Have a pork pie and a few pints in the Golden Rule. Or try the Hostel down by the Pier. Cheap pints and food and a cracking view of the Langdale Pikes if it's not raining. Pissing down at the moment. :lol:

Last edited:

Lots from this fella. Some good walks, depending on your level of fitness.

Grasmere to Easedale Tarn is nice if you get nice weather and can have a picnic at the top

nice walk. the silence by the tarn was eery

I was in windermere last Saturday, it was a mate's missus's birthday and he had hired a yacht for the day. There wasn't a lot of wind so we didn't get much speed up, but a very nice pleasant day in the sun. Burger and a beer in café/bar called easybreeze afterwards was ok

Last edited:
It's funny that the Lakes and Cumbria are full of amazing places for bait and then you get to Barrow and there's fuck all.

Just got back on Monday, Climbed Helvellyn on the Sunday. Stayed at Burnside Hotel which is in Bowness on Windermere.

Been to the crafty Baa before which is class for decent beer and bar food.

We ate at Baha in Bowness on Sunday, Its classes as Pacific Street Food and it was nice.

Just got back on Monday, Climbed Helvellyn on the Sunday. Stayed at Burnside Hotel which is in Bowness on Windermere.

Been to the crafty Baa before which is class for decent beer and bar food.

We ate at Baha in Bowness on Sunday, Its classes as Pacific Street Food and it was nice.
Definitely be checking out the Crafty Baa. Staying near there and she loves dogs which I believe the pub encourages people to bring. Win win.

Seems like even more than usual people are heading there this year. Love it me like, have been getting down & back in a day recently, doing some running and then walking round the different villages.

Ullswater is class albeit very much quieter than Windermere (Bowness)

Back