Wim hof

What started you off doing it?
An article in the paper. Also picked up that cold water swimming is exhilarating. Went in north sea a few times last year. Buzzing afterwards.
I swim anyway, took up running and cold showers and fasting are two others I do. It keeps you sharper as you get older. Might be a load if rubbish but it helps me.

An article in the paper. Also picked up that cold water swimming is exhilarating. Went in north sea a few times last year. Buzzing afterwards.
I swim anyway, took up running and cold showers and fasting are two others I do. It keeps you sharper as you get older. Might be a load if rubbish but it helps me.
Do you just yet straight in the cold shower now then? Seems impossible:lol:

was trying but it was worse than yesterday. Couldn't focus.

Much easier today. Almost to the point I’m wondering if the water wasn’t that cold rather than me hardening to it. Still puffing a blowing but it was manageable.

Nice one. I find holding your breath till the worst is over works.

Had my second 30 second cold end to a shower this morning after reading this thread. First was brutal like - cold water inhaled and up my nose, grim! Second easier - how long does it take for the euphoria to kick in?

Thought the puffing thing was good as it got loads of oxygen in you?

Thats before the shower. Not sure about during. There's videos on the app.

Had my second 30 second cold end to a shower this morning after reading this thread. First was brutal like - cold water inhaled and up my nose, grim! Second easier - how long does it take for the euphoria to kick in?

Give a few more days and see what happens.

Getting harder for me this. Thought I’d be through the hard part now. Forgot to do it this morning as well. First day I’ve missed since I started.

Someone else mentioned this Wim Hof thing to me a while back and this reminded me.

So how is it supposed to make you lose weight then? Or is it just a wellbeing/head thing?

Any good links to find out more?

Someone else mentioned this Wim Hof thing to me a while back and this reminded me.

So how is it supposed to make you lose weight then? Or is it just a wellbeing/head thing?

Welcome to the Official Wim Hof Method Website Has some good free videos to get started. Theres an app too

Welcome to the Official Wim Hof Method Website Has some good free videos to get started. Theres an app too

Last edited:

Back