Willis

Our back 5 looked like they’d been asked to play in a formation they’d never played before.

Not to worry he’ll change it again at Ipswich

Said exactly the same, but it’s not just the back 5.

The entire team looked absolutely lost and like they’d turned up at 2pm and been told they were playing this formation

Poor poor performance,he jumped under most balls.

As was said when we came into this league we needed 2 big meaty lads with experience of league who would just head away.

Our back 5 looked like they’d been asked to play in a formation they’d never played before.

I was very confused . Was it 3 CBs? 2??
At times McLaughlin was turning up on the right wing. Gooch was drifting central. It's like their natural instincts were taking over.

One thing that got me, the new goal kick rule. It's been in since July 1st. Surely by this point they'd decided of they're taking them short or long. But most times they seemed like they didnt know which one they were meant to do. And it ended up being a punt to the massively tall will grigg!!

You’re writing someone off after 1 game? Seriously mate?
I'm not writing anyone off, but a vast improvement is required, and on Saturday's showing and from what I've seen so far none of the 6 centre halves signed by Ross have looked good enough. We haven't got time for players to bed in, we need results now.

Coventry fans were saying his best position is right of the CB's but he's being played in the centre to shoe horn a f***ing right back in CB who also looks petrified when the ball goes anywhere near him.

Alongside another who has played right side centre half or right back his whole career. The silly sod has introduced a defensive system where four of the five are effectively out of their natural position.

They had. Gooch was a striker, come winger, Flanagan a right-sided centre half/right back, Willis a right-sided centre half and McLaughlin a right back.
Needless to say, Oxford only have to get down our left to cause us problems, which they did

Last edited:
The ironic cheers when he passed to a team mate are the perfect way to help his nerves settle.

Some right f***ing morons in the ground
Like when PVA failed to control a couple then got jeered everytime the ball came to him. Then the ironic cheers when he did control it. Shit but still went for 17 million. Tis the Sunderland way :confused:

I'm not writing anyone off, but a vast improvement is required, and on Saturday's showing and from what I've seen so far none of the 6 centre halves signed by Ross have looked good enough. We haven't got time for players to bed in, we need results now.
good enough for what? several of them are proven at league one level...the difference is they became proven by playing in their natural positon..

ross plays them out of positon..that doenst mean they arent league one standard..it means the manager isnt..

good enough for what? several of them are proven at league one level...the difference is they became proven by playing in their natural positon..

ross plays them out of positon..that doenst mean they arent league one standard..it means the manager isnt..

Exactly. If you introduce a new system, the players have to be comfortable in their positions. They evidently weren't on Saturday.
Fair enough, one of two trying something new but it was four of the five.

Why can't we just play players in their natural position. Is it really that f***ing difficult, we've done it for years!

Also get a manager in who has a system and knows how to use it. Then have the scouting team buy players to fit that specific system, again it's not f***ing difficult.

I genuinely hate Jack Ross and typing this has brought the anger back out. Useless Prick.

Why can't we just play players in their natural position. Is it really that f***ing difficult, we've done it for years!

Also get a manager in who has a system and knows how to use it. Then have the scouting team buy players to fit that specific system, again it's not f***ing difficult.

I genuinely hate Jack Ross and typing this has brought the anger back out. Useless Prick.
This.

4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 - no f***ing about, just get out there and get the job done.

Probably the worst debut I’ve ever seen for us - and there’s been a few- was Kirchhoff. He was awful. He turned out better than alright though (when fit).

It’ll take a few games to make decisions on players, surely, even if out of position.

Back