Willis and Ozturk....

Apart from the calamitous goal we conceded, they played well. Flanagan won't be getting back in the team anytime soon. Praise the Lord.
Still can't believe that after the back end of last season, he dropped Ozturk to the bench for our 1st two games and reinstated f***ing Flanagan. Worrying that he didn't recognise that Ozturk was our best CB, and he had to wait for us to play shit twice to panic enough and change it.

Still can't believe that after the back end of last season, he dropped Ozturk to the bench for our 1st two games and reinstated f***ing Flanagan. Worrying that he didn't recognise that Ozturk was our best CB, and he had to wait for us to play shit twice to panic enough and change it.

Only plus is, that no damage was done as a result. But if I see Flanagan in this team again I'll cry.

I think that at the end of the season we will look back at the purchase of Willis as the most important signing we made this summer

I agree with this, said at the time when we signed him he’d be a very important player for us with his pace. I heard yesterday that he played all last season at Coventry and didn’t get booked 😳😳

I also like Ozturk, he’s very physical and doesn’t mess about, I think they compliment each other very well.

Hopefully they continue to form that partnership and grow as the season goes on.

Really important to get that win yesterday.

I still shat myself every time the opposition go past the halfway line. I still am thinking total defensive collapse. It has happened so often before I am scared it will happen again. Still not confident we will deal with this new attack comfortably.

I think people may be going a little overboard today. Don’t forget they still combined to concede that clusterfuck of a goal in the first half and haven’t managed a clean sheet in their two games together so far. Not doubting they’re working better than Flanagan did, but it’s too early to be going overboard

I still shat myself every time the opposition go past the halfway line. I still am thinking total defensive collapse. It has happened so often before I am scared it will happen again. Still not confident we will deal with this new attack comfortably.
We're all suffering from cumulative trauma mate, won't go away overnight. Tend to relax a bit when we go three up certain of a draw at least :lol:

I agree with this, said at the time when we signed him he’d be a very important player for us with his pace. I heard yesterday that he played all last season at Coventry and didn’t get booked 😳😳

I also like Ozturk, he’s very physical and doesn’t mess about, I think they compliment each other very well.

Hopefully they continue to form that partnership and grow as the season goes on.

Really important to get that win yesterday.

No bookings, soft as shite!

Quite a few posts on here through the transfer window wanting another CB to partner Willis instead of giving Ozturk (our best CB from last season) a go.
I think that Ozturk played well against Portsmouth and seemingly had a good game at Accrington too.

However, his potential to revert to grappling with opponents in the penalty area cannot be entirely overlooked and carries the risk of penalties and bookings (which would effect his game by requiring him to be more circumspect, in order to avoid being sent off).

Additionally, and I realise that I seem to be banging on about this constantly, both Willis and Ozturk are naturally right-footed, which makes tackling on the left side awkward and also makes receiving a pass and then playing the ball on quickly difficult - Flanagan looked perpetually flustered in this regard against Oxford.

So yes, notwithstanding Ozturk’s very good performance against Portsmouth, I do hope that we bring in an upgrade. However, as others have said, he is the presently best option from the Ozturk/Baldwin/Flanagan/Loovens list.

I think people may be going a little overboard today. Don’t forget they still combined to concede that clusterfuck of a goal in the first half and haven’t managed a clean sheet in their two games together so far. Not doubting they’re working better than Flanagan did, but it’s too early to be going overboard
It was Max Power with an assist (or two) to Harness; both "phases".

It was Max Power with an assist (or two) to Harness; both "phases".

Yes he gave the ball away but he still shouldn’t be allowed to score from where he picked the ball up if the rest of the defence does it’s job. The pair of them were all over the place from that point (along with others as well, not just blaming them - just highlighting they weren’t perfect)

Yes he gave the ball away but he still shouldn’t be allowed to score from where he picked the ball up if the rest of the defence does it’s job. The pair of them were all over the place from that point (along with others as well, not just blaming them - just highlighting they weren’t perfect)
Ozturk got a foot in at one point, but if I was him after that I'd be legging it onto the line.

Willis was too high; his starting position wasn't right.

Back