Willis and Ozturk

My hope would be he doesn't do it as much of he has genuine pace next to him like Willis. Because I'm less worried about it in the box at set pieces where I think, at this level, he'll largely get away with it. I'm more worried by the fact it seems to be his impulse reaction when someone gets the run on him in behind too. And he won't get away with that very much at any level.
Very true.

flanagn is a full back, at leats according to nigel clough, who got promoted from this league wih flanagn in the team..ross should have listened to him and viewed flanagan as a full back, not centre back option.

Played twice as many career games any centre half than the total he has at any other position. Even at burton - the only place he’s played fullback consistently - he played a third of his games in the middle.

Dont know why ozturk was dropped. Aye he was shit at the beginning of the season last year but he was one of our best defenders at the end.

Should have been straight in. Unless he came back unfit from pre-season?
Ozturk came back earlier than the rest of the squad along with Power.

I quite like Ozturk, he has limitations but does the basics well - he is strong, no-nonsense and looks to defend simply and without fuss. He lacks pace and quality on the ball but so do all of our other options. His shirt pulling may get him into trouble at some point but at this level, a ref would need to give 10 penalties a game to be consistent with it.

I think Baldwin is OK, but was hopelessly out of form at the end of last season.

Flanagan is horrific though, he has no redeeming qualities as a centre half.

My mate was there said he was horrific grabbing shirts all the time ,pennas round the corner with this lad
Can't believe he's still doing this. I used to cringe watching him last season doing that. Like you say, a penna waiting to happen. What the hell is Rossy doing watching him grabbing opposition all the time.

He's yet to try Baldwin with Willis in a competitive match........you know its coming. Is there no one at the club who can spot a good solid CB.

Back