Will you respect the rules this time?

Yes, because I'm a grown man who isn't a scared entitled areshole
I'll get my booster jab in next month or so, but will dig my heels in with regard to mask wearing. I'll wear one, if they supply one. If they don't & I'm refused entry, I'll politely inform then they've just lost a sale to amazon.
I'm sure the staff who work there on minimum wage and have no control over the policies there what so ever will be deeply affected by your little power play.
Berating keyworkers in a pandemic is a really cool thing to do.

Last edited:
I did last time so I suspect I would this time if it comes to it, however I think it's totally wrong to mandate it. Vaccines have worked, we've been open season for months without any huge pressure on the NHS, let people get on with it.
It's like we are undoing all the progress we have made. A token gesture of appeasement by Boris when he has stood firm all this time.
What happens if this new variant turns out to be covered by the vaccine.
Unless the Government know something we don't.

I'm sure the staff who work there on minimum wage and have no control over the policies there what so ever will be deeply affected by your little power play.
Who said they were berating anyone there?
More people will shop online which will have another negatice impact on retail shops.

He said he’d politely inform them, not berate. Bit of a difference.

Never really stopped wearing them in London. Lots of shops still ask you to wear them and you are supposed to on public transport. Nowts a bother. Keeps your face nice and warm on the train platform

I’ve been compliant over the last 18 months. Wearing masks when told to, getting my jabs, keeping a bit distance, stay at home etc. Getting irate when others weren’t prepared to pitch in with the rest of us.

Here we are again, and it sounds like it’s masks on public transport and shops but not in pubs or restaurants. This just feels ridiculous and pointless and I wouldn’t be surprised if the majority totally ignore the rules this time around.

What will your reaction be?
Triple jabbed from next week. I'll wear a mask in the shop. It's not a big deal for me if it helps to keep things open.
Not wearing one might lead to more restrictions.

Depends what the rules are, if they lockdown pubs again for example, what are you going to do? For masks, maybe. Only about 10% of people in supermarkets are wearing them, so what’s the point?

Yes, I will wear a mask in shops and on public transport, if by doing so I help reduce the risk of anyone catching covid and either being very ill or dead then why wouldn't I?
I carry a mask with me when I go out now and if I go into anywhere and people are wearing a mask then I wear mine, I think it's my responsibility to do what I can to help.
I don't like wearing a mask because I have a great smile and angry eyes, my smile always wins :lol:

Last edited:
I still don't use public transport or retail as I'm immunocompromised. If mask wearing was mandated in these settings I'd probably be more likely to use them.

It's like we are undoing all the progress we have made. A token gesture of appeasement by Boris when he has stood firm all this time.
What happens if this new variant turns out to be covered by the vaccine.
Unless the Government know something we don't.
I’m supportive of masks but the only thing the government probably know that we don’t is how much their mates make out of mask sales.

Will do my bit of the mask wearing and social distancing
No vaccine and 3x positive covid infections inc Pneumonia. Things can only get better. Up the T cells ✌️
Will do my bit of the mask wearing and social distancing
No vaccine and 3x positive covid infections inc Pneumonia. Things can only get better. Up the T cells ✌️

Last edited:

Back