Will you continue attending games ?

When this carry on is over
Yes from me however people quickly get out of the habit & I can see many not returning
I'm really starting to miss it now, and football in general, I cant even be bothered to watch MOTD or anything because it's just depressing without fans.Its not just the football it's the whole day, it's a good way of getting together with my son who's 22 now and doing his own thing obviously, but we enjoy our Saturday afternoons together, and also getting together with mates, I mean, it's the whole package isnt it?Not just the football?

Think we'll be looking at next season before it's back to normal though, and that's being optimistic.

Definitely. I miss the time with my son and the crack with the people I sit beside. It’s shit but we will get through it.
This for me too. By the time we get back I expect my son will have left home for university and hopefully I'll have moved back to the north east. Mind, his insurance uni is Sunderland so he might still be living with us if he makes a bollocks of his A levels

When this carry on is over
Yes from me however people quickly get out of the habit & I can see many not returning
I’ll return but I know what you mean about people getting out the habit and many falling by the wayside as a result.

I have to admit I have enjoyed having an extra 10 hours or so in my weekend and still being able to see the match. For me it doesn’t compensate for all I miss about going though.

Dunno TBH. Although I still have season ticket Im kinda getting used to watching it at home. Of course when crowds are allowed to return I wont have that option (dont do dodgey). Might just pop up the boozer and return home for commentary which is what I used to do for away matches pre covid. Can see crowds dwindling a bit. Hope Im wrong

I was daft enough to the game today through a fire door 🙄 So thats how much I miss it.

That first proper away day getting up early, jumping on the train, find a pub somewhere and have a few before walking up to the ground and watching the lads.its going to be fantastic.

Logon or register to see this image

Superb - That is my kids peep hole when they were young.
One of your fans pm’d me last week and I mentioned that to him.
You must have beat him to it although I did give him instructions to where he could utilise a ladder :)

yesterday was class trip..was supposed to be driving straight home after match but at last minute booked a hotel room..security at ground were spot on unfortunately were expecting us tho haha..match was great watched with cans on tv in hotel..back up to pub next to ground after..speaking to parkinson etc..while im not really one to talk to players etc..it was nice of them to acknowledge us and say they've noticed us still doing our bit..good crack with locals in bar till 7 when it shut then taxi into town..where the head doorman was one of the security from earlier..took us straight to front of queue snd seated 8n good spot in one of the maddest bars ive ever been in..think the jockey from shameless..all locals were mental...bit of edge..but we're big lads so no problems haha..and by end of night knew most the bar including the local drug dealer..over the road for kebab..got 12 quid chamge from a tenner...bit sing walking to hotel..couple of cans then bed..on way home now...felt like a proper awayday..obviously minus getting in ground but how many tjmes over the years has that spoiled day out anyway..anyway if anyone is still awake and reading this tedious post..keep the faith after all.. wise men say

yesterday was class trip..was supposed to be driving straight home after match but at last minute booked a hotel room..security at ground were spot on unfortunately were expecting us tho haha..match was great watched with cans on tv in hotel..back up to pub next to ground after..speaking to parkinson etc..while im not really one to talk to players etc..it was nice of them to acknowledge us and say they've noticed us still doing our bit..good crack with locals in bar till 7 when it shut then taxi into town..where the head doorman was one of the security from earlier..took us straight to front of queue snd seated 8n good spot in one of the maddest bars ive ever been in..think the jockey from shameless..all locals were mental...bit of edge..but we're big lads so no problems haha..and by end of night knew most the bar including the local drug dealer..over the road for kebab..got 12 quid chamge from a tenner...bit sing walking to hotel..couple of cans then bed..on way home now...felt like a proper awayday..obviously minus getting in ground but how many tjmes over the years has that spoiled day out anyway..anyway if anyone is still awake and reading this tedious post..keep the faith after all.. wise men say
😂😂😂😂 well played lad

Superb - That is my kids peep hole when they were young.
One of your fans pm’d me last week and I mentioned that to him.
You must have beat him to it although I did give him instructions to where he could utilise a ladder :)

Its a brilliant little view point. I could see everything except throw ins. Not quite the same as Oxford like, thats crazy how you can watch the game outside there.

Also had Soccer Saturday on the go so I was fully up to date with other matches.

Logon or register to see this image

The Swindon experience :)
Like the Wild West isn’t it.
County Ground Hotel. You go in decent they will see you alright. To be fair the security at the ground have always been sound, once again you act alright and they will treat you well.

Gerrin!

Back